Ashley Barnes, The Latest: Ashley Barnes Signs for Burnley *Confirmation*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The name I've heard, and please understand that this comes complete with a pinch of salt, is this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Stuani

He's at Espanyol at present, who are financially up shit creek with no paddle and a hole in the canoe. Guillem Balague was talking on Revista de la Liga last week about how anyone with a few quid could basically knock on the door and have their pick. We shall see...

I will now cling to this being as good as done. Thanks for cheering us up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Barnes scored 20 in the promotion season and Murray 22.

Thanks for correcting me.

Funny though on another thread when talking about Murray going and I casually said his goals won us promotion, I was wrongly corrected by someone saying Barnes scored more goals than Murray.

On the point I was trying to make , despite my misinformation, Barnes had as good a season as Murray for us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The name I've heard, and please understand that this comes complete with a pinch of salt, is this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Stuani

He's at Espanyol at present, who are financially up shit creek with no paddle and a hole in the canoe. Guillem Balague was talking on Revista de la Liga last week about how anyone with a few quid could basically knock on the door and have their pick. We shall see...

Yes please!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm still waiting to know where you've heard it from unless I missed the post where you said?

Someone I trust who has nothing whatsoever to gain from lying.

To be absolutely clear, this is by no means in the bag but it is being worked on. The fee itself shouldn't be an issue - as mentioned Espanyol are basically incapable of turning down a sensible offer, so it's a case of personal terms being agreed from what I understand.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Does no-one actually read my posts? :down:

Sorry about that.
Was it you or someone else who was touting Stuani a couple of years ago when he was at Levante? Handy player and would be a greatcsigning if only the source wasnt just a random non-Albion-specific article. :lolol:
For now however I will happily take it as gospel and say thank you for some much nreded hopeful news :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
... my six-year-old is pretty upset too, as am I, but we're not despondent, and think that the club will navigate their way through this situation just fine. Only time will tell on that front though.

My eight-year-old is upset too, he now has to think of another player to have on his new shirt. Still, he got quite Stalinist about it and removed Barnes's picture off his wall before he went to bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports