Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Silverwood and Giles and co need the sack . Always the ECB is the old boys club. Shocking team selection and buttler is not a test keeper and Burns and Pope walking wickets .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Thanks, another 3 questions.

1) can we win this if we start tampering with the ball?
2) why the feck have we given so many extras away to them.....is it down to one bowler?
3) Would Beefy make a difference if we could swap one out???

No
No
No.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I can't QUITE put my finger on the problem here.

View attachment 142881

1100 runs, that's 1100 folks! :facepalm:

I think it’s interesting who everyone in that list actually plays for.

It still seems to me that if you play for certain counties, you have a better chance of being picked. I do wonder if Burns and Pope would be anywhere near this team if they didn’t play for Surrey.

If we want to find another Trescothick we’re going to have to be bolder with selection and stop picking players just because they are at high profile counties.

Oh and Silverwood and Giles should both go. They are bloody useless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pt 2

A) if the Aussies have 6 go down with covid tonight could we win?
B) Has Root done the right things in this match at all?

No
He scored some runs but otherwise........ No.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As I get a bit older, I quite admire the Aussies at cricket.
A country that was born as a prison colony, now not only beats the mother country and the founder member of the once mighty British Empire, but has I think more of a win/loss record over this time.
Quite astonishing when you think about it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think it’s interesting who everyone in that list actually plays for.

It still seems to me that if you play for certain counties, you have a better chance of being picked. I do wonder if Burns and Pope would be anywhere near this team if they didn’t play for Surrey.

If we want to find another Trescothick we’re going to have to be bolder with selection and stop picking players just because they are at high profile counties.

Oh and Silverwood and Giles should both go. They are bloody useless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just out of interest who would you replace Pope and Burns with?
I’m guessing Crawley might get his chance in the second test

I’m thinking we should consider the T20 side they probably would score more in less time :moo:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just out of interest who would you replace Pope and Burns with?
I’m guessing Crawley might get his chance in the second test

I’m thinking we should consider the T20 side they probably would score more in less time :moo:
Its difficult to get replacements in to Australia and quarantined, not sure if there are any replacements currently good enough, available and currently in any sort of knick. Think we are stuck with the squad we have.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its difficult to get replacements in to Australia and quarantined, not sure if there are any replacements currently good enough, available and currently in any sort of knick. Think we are stuck with the squad we have.

:thumbsup: …and they sent the ‘A’ team home

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There is an entire England Lions squad there in Australia with them.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The performances to date show just how under prepared England are for the tour and most important how weak the County Championship has become with fixtures sandwiched in between the lucrative limited over game.
Players like Burns and Pope score shed loads in the four day game but look like rabbits in headlights against the Aussies.
English cricket needs to decide which direction it wants to go in, as a purist of the game for me the four day game has become a sideshow and is reflected in our Test side.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Read that too. Flew home on Tuesday. Unbelievable. In what world is this going so well that we won’t need replacements. Would have Foakes in for Buttler now if he didn’t now have his feet up in Surrey.

I'm damn sure if the England selectors couldn't bring in James Foster, regarded as the best keeper in the world, a few years ago, they are unlikely to go with Foakes.

Buttler could get a quick 50 so all will be forgiven. Including crucial drops that costs stacks of runs. Catches Foakes would have taken.

But still, he averages a few more than others. False economy ? Of course not :ffsparr:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
4 - 1

should wrap this up in this session with any luck.

Shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here