Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Quite appropriate both the first and last ball of the series saw an English batsman bowled for a golden duck

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The psychopath as coach is a bit dated in professional sport these days but if ever a team needed one it is now. It’s just all so bloody predictable and pathetic and nice. Those players should’ve felt like their lives where at risk retuning back to clubhouse after some of those shots.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In cases like today’s dismissals, I really don’t think that argument holds up.

The crap shots on show, would have been crap shots in any form of the game.

Absolutely can’t argue with that only ball that was unplayable was the root one.
More trying to say we don t appear to understand what is needed from test cricket anymore as you pointed out the shot selection was rank . It’s meant to be a 5 day game but we struggle to make it to day 4. One day 20/20 they have a good grasp of it and what is needed but with the red ball we are clueless

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
We were bested by a team of athletes who have played first class cricket for the last 12 months. The English team just weren’t at their level. can’t take anything away from the Aussie team, it was men against the boys in the first 3 tests (and final innings). They are just better than us at the moment and they wanted it more. Half of our team shouldn’t be out in the sun in the first place let alone playing cricket - tough watching the capitulation time after time, but it’s been pretty enjoyable watching all the same - can’t wait for the next series.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It would be inappropriate to suggest that England's batting in this series was absolute shit until Sue Gray finishes her inquiry.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What a shambles of a team.
My mate texted me to join him at our local to watch the last couple of hours play.
I replied that it would all be over today.
Bolleaux, wish I had made time to put a bet on that.
Would have surely been a result !

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
The Pakistani openers currently showing England how it should be done against Australia.

Currently 100 without loss in the 32 over.

England would have been about 6 down for the same score with Joe Root blaming the bowler's.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Pakistani openers currently showing England how it should be done against Australia.

Currently 100 without loss in the 32 over.

England would have been about 6 down for the same score with Joe Root blaming the bowler's.

It's an absolute road though - even Sussex would score runs on this

There's a cracking match in the women's WC - WI v NZ swinging one way and another

EDIT: Kiwis blew it - lost three wickets in the last over :facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here