[Cricket] Ashes 2021-22

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure what Root is trying to do there.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just when your starting to get your hopes up, two quick wickets and the bowler friendly last session to follow soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We just donā€™t seem to be able to be positive and also leave the ball. Both Root and Malan could easily have left their wicket balls. :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
200 all out if we are lucky.

Loose by an innings and plenty.

This is the worst batting line up I have ever seen.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So easy for the Aussies

D

Deleted member 2719

Please tell me it's the Aussies on fire and not us just being toothless and shite.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The catching stats for the series so far are the biggest differenceā€¦ā€¦.weā€™ve dropped loads, the Aussies have dropped virtually nothing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Itā€™s all a bit embarrassing.

I think we should just Jack it in and call them home. Weā€™ve enough bad news this year.

Iā€™ve heard that itā€™s because we didnā€™t get a chance to play enough warm up games. Thatā€™s balderdash. Theyā€™ve been playing cricket for years. They should know which way up a bat should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

They hate losing but mostly they hate losing to the Poms, I was lucky enough to watch the 2010-11 MCG game live, the Aussie papers ripped them apart after the first day...

Anyway Malan and Root appear to have lost the plot here, both have fifties. 139-2

A bit of the first and a lot of the second

Thanks, guys, have we got anything in the locker to come back in the other tests assuming that that walk this test as it appears?

D

Deleted member 2719

So assuming all our last batsmen hit PBs run what's the best we can expect?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The simple fact is England just arenā€™t very good at test cricket, and havenā€™t been for years. Root, Anderson, Broad and the occasional Stokes miracle have papered over a lot of cracks. Thereā€™s some nascent talent in there (Robinson, Hameed) and Wood and Woakes are OK in the right conditions. But thereā€™s a lot of dross. Plus the coach is shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports