Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Gus plans triple swoop..Albion have cash for 'special signing'

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Craig Noone, hmmm, no thanks. Like many of the wingers we've had over the years, he looked tricky, nice on the ball, good at beating defenders, but with no end product. His crossing & shooting was poor.

But isnt this the type of player that we have done well before eg Bennett has improved end product a bit more since been at club, the main thing is to have the talent and i think Craig Noone has that, id be quite happy if we ended up signing him, anyone know how old he is ? and how much reckon cost us ? i reckon be about £100,000

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But isnt this the type of player that we have done well before eg Bennett has improved end product a bit more since been at club, the main thing is to have the talent and i think Craig Noone has that, id be quite happy if we ended up signing him, anyone know how old he is ? and how much reckon cost us ? i reckon be about £100,000
Precisely. You're not going to get many "complete" wingers from league one sides.

If Noone comes here, it'll be because Poyet has spotted raw talent and reckons he can coach some of the bad habits out of him.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Precisely. You're not going to get many "complete" wingers from league one sides.

If Noone comes here, it'll be because Poyet has spotted raw talent and reckons he can coach some of the bad habits out of him.

This.

KLL and Bennett have both come on leaps and bounds under Poyet with regards to their end product. No reason why he can't do it again with Noone.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Ankergren

Calderon El-Abd Greer Painter

Kishsishev Sparrow

S Wright-Phillips Bennett K LuaLua

L Lua Lua B Wright-Phillips​

:glare:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt class Ljungberg signing as special now, 5 or even 3 years ago yes, but now after 2 years in MLS I would think that he is past it, although there is talk of Beckham joining Spurs on loan so perhaps the standard is better in the MLS than most people think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here