Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Gus plans triple swoop..Albion have cash for 'special signing'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just regurgitation of what we already know, with the added confirmation that if the 'special signing' becomes available, finance won't be the problem

In summary..

Left sided replacement for Lua Lua (possibly even more significant due to the managerial situation at Newcastle)

Clarification of striking options.

Finance available for 'special signing'

Big push will be made in the second half of the season to ensure promotion to The Championship.

Any loan players will be required to be here until end of season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Making all the right noises and I hope he can pull it off but he's guilty of getting people's hopes up again if this is from Gus' mouth. We were going to have the full squad in place by early summer, we didn't. We were expected to make loan signings, including a very special one, again we didn't.

I don't mind Gus shouting his mouth off but you know loads on here are gonna get all arsey when nothing happens..NSC is just waiting to have a good old gripe at the 1st opportunity at the moment. The season ticket saga, following the 1901 saga following the anger at no signings in the loan window being prime examples.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Exciting stuff. Let's hope it pays off - we need to stay in and around the top two until January, ideally top.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Either he hasnt learnt his lesson or he already has at least one of these , preferably the 'special one' , in the bag. My money is on the latter at the mo.............

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
think this time it will happen and if we are still clear at Christmas then we will be putting an almighty push after to get the players he wants.
we have probably the best squad in the 1st div (the table does not lie) so who would'nt want to be part of it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Either he hasnt learnt his lesson or he already has at least one of these , preferably the 'special one' , in the bag. My money is on the latter at the mo.............
What lesson does he need to learn then? Not to annoy a handful of internet dorks who insist on him only opening his mouth if the deal is done?

Yeah I'm sure that was uppermost in his mind when his last target didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I wish Gus would learn, pure inexperience this talk.

Its far better to say nothing Gus for our supporters , other clubs , other targets , basically everyone

Now its out there, i really really really hope so. No idea of any names though

It's not about "getting the fans' hopes up". It's about building a sustainable, winning team.

And it's not carte blanche for players and agents to take the piss on wages. "Finance available" doesn't mean "name your price".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wish Gus would learn, pure inexperience this talk.

Its far better to say nothing Gus for our supporters , other clubs , other targets , basically everyone

Now its out there, i really really really hope so. No idea of any names though

Don't agree, he's not mentioning names, he's just telling us what he intends to do and that the money is in place to do it. Under the prvious regime I think quite a bit of "what we were going to do" was bluster. Under Bloom I think it will happen if everything falls into place. The only downside is the binfest when nothing happens, not really anything to worry Gus and his team.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
the lesson to learn was that a deal isnt done until its done. He clearly thought at least one of his targets was a done deal when clearly it wasnt. As for internet dorks, you are on here after all.......

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Surely it's the fans getting their own hopes up; as far as I can see, he's just being honest.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Don't get your hopes up on the "Special One". I don't think we have a slightest chance of getting him, and if we do it'll be at the end of the transfer window and only on loan. Its true wages wont be an issue, but the player we are after, well lets just say I'm sure bigger clubs than us can land him first. Don't even ask cause I aint saying who I am led to believe it is until we either sign him, or he signs for someone else, or the transfer window closes. Just enjoy the gossip and hope we do sign the special player, cause if we do then we are promoted.. end of!:falmer:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Surely it's the fans getting their own hopes up; as far as I can see, he's just being honest.

Dont think anyone would question his honesty. He obviously does care what the fans think or he wouldnt get so upset about the pathetic boo boys. Just think he could do a better job of managing everyones expectations. Hardly the end of the world either way...

Last edited:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I wonder if the 'special one' is a player who would usually be considered out of our league due to financial restrainsts, Or the star of a rival League One club?

Plymouth are in the financial shitter & Swindon are having money worries too linked to the redevelopment of the county ground.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Don't get your hopes up on the "Special One". I don't think we have a slightest chance of getting him, and if we do it'll be at the end of the transfer window and only on loan. Its true wages wont be an issue, but the player we are after, well lets just say I'm sure bigger clubs than us can land him first. Don't even ask cause I aint saying who I am led to believe it is until we either sign him, or he signs for someone else, or the transfer window closes. Just enjoy the gossip and hope we do sign the special player, cause if we do then we are promoted.. end of!:falmer:

So basically you haven't got a clue then :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Whatever, we shall see on 1st Feb. But he is f***ing special, which is why I don't think we've got a chance, unless theres a personal link between him, and Gus.

Its the Diego Forlan rumour isn't it Monty?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here