Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Gus plans triple swoop..Albion have cash for 'special signing'

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Mr Burns - I understand and totally agree that you can't mention your source or who the player is. That is fine. But is it really a good idea to come on here boasting that you know it is? You will only wind people up who won't accept that they can't be privy to the gossip! Maybe best to keep quiet if you can't (quite rightly) reveal anything?

Exactly this.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
The sun has stated that we likely to sign Craig Noone from Plymouth in January, wasnt he the player who was outstanding against us this season, and i think i read he is only 23 or 24, so be a good signing, i know he isnt the supposed quality signing, in Gus i trust.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The sun has stated that we likely to sign Craig Noone from Plymouth in January, wasnt he the player who was outstanding against us this season, and i think i read he is only 23 or 24, so be a good signing, i know he isnt the supposed quality signing, in Gus i trust.

Yep, would be a brilliant acquisition

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Are posts like Mr Burns not one of the reasons we all log onto NSC, in the vain hope we will hear a tasty piece of gossip? Ok, most of the time the rumours tend to be cobblers and very occasionally, they come true. Gives you something to look forward too doesn't it? If the signing is a 'special one', I would rather not know until its a done deal. By Mr.Burns and any others who maybe in 'the know' keeping it to themselves and thus out of the public arena and forums, may just allow the transfer to sneak in under the radar and stop over paying clubs like South Coast Club and Huddersfield etc from spoiling it at the last minute.

As for Gus, I'm happy he has said what he has said. Again, something to potentially look forward too. The KLL saga proved that patience and persistence pays off sometimes. Don't forget many things can happen or effect a players decision before signing on the dotted line that the 'buying club' can do nothing about. I remember speaking to Tony Bloom at the Aberdeen friendly game and I asked him about KLL. He said it would happen within a week. Well, it was abit longer than that, but it happened.

I think the days of the club saying 'oh we nearly signed this player and that player' just to try and impress supporters are gone. We have got more to offer now as a club than ever before. We might not pay the highest wages, but when your Manager is Gus Poyet, your top of the league and the Amex is nearly there, we might just pull off a transfer master stroke. Keep the Faith!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
........ Just enjoy the gossip and hope we do sign the special player, cause if we do then we are promoted.. end of!:falmer:

Let's hope he doesn't get injured then!

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009
Are posts like Mr Burns not one of the reasons we all log onto NSC, in the vain hope we will hear a tasty piece of gossip? Ok, most of the time the rumours tend to be cobblers and very occasionally, they come true. Gives you something to look forward too doesn't it? If the signing is a 'special one', I would rather not know until its a done deal. By Mr.Burns and any others who maybe in 'the know' keeping it to themselves and thus out of the public arena and forums, may just allow the transfer to sneak in under the radar and stop over paying clubs like South Coast Club and Huddersfield etc from spoiling it at the last minute.

As for Gus, I'm happy he has said what he has said. Again, something to potentially look forward too. The KLL saga proved that patience and persistence pays off sometimes. Don't forget many things can happen or effect a players decision before signing on the dotted line that the 'buying club' can do nothing about. I remember speaking to Tony Bloom at the Aberdeen friendly game and I asked him about KLL. He said it would happen within a week. Well, it was abit longer than that, but it happened.

I think the days of the club saying 'oh we nearly signed this player and that player' just to try and impress supporters are gone. We have got more to offer now as a club than ever before. We might not pay the highest wages, but when your Manager is Gus Poyet, your top of the league and the Amex is nearly there, we might just pull off a transfer master stroke. Keep the Faith!

If a player has an agent then there will be no sneaking under the radar.

Us talking about a particular player has no bearing whatsoever on the deal.

If someone knows something then speak up. If not then what is the point - apart from attention seeking - in saying, 'I know something...but shhh... it's a secret?'

Without doubt if someone who posts on here really is in the know about a 'special player' then you can be certain that the people controlling the purse strings at any club will know about said 'special player'.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Wayne Rooney

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Kevin Philips

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Craig Noone, hmmm, no thanks. Like many of the wingers we've had over the years, he looked tricky, nice on the ball, good at beating defenders, but with no end product. His crossing & shooting was poor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair to Mr Burns I think that Coppell was indeed an open secret that he was "nailed on" to come back but literally did a very very last min withdrawl.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair to Mr Burns I think that Coppell was indeed an open secret that he was "nailed on" to come back but literally did a very very last min withdrawl.

In hindsight, how lucky were we he turned us down?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
We need to sign players at the earleist opportunity as we may have already lost points that could cost us promotion, we were eight points clear remember and we dont have Lau Lua now.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Funnily enough, having spent a few hours on a coach with a saints fan (long story, but were diverted to Warsaw from Krakow this weekend while on a short break), he seemed to think that Ricky Lambert's off in January. To be fair for a saints fan he was an alright bloke, very complimentary about our side since Poyets taken over. Anyway, in short, they've heard rumours of having £3million to spend in January to ensure they get out of this division, and he seemed to think another striker or two was on the cards with Lambert leaving. Charlie Austin was one name he mentioned.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I got the impression from that article that Poyet did not have a "special player" in mind.

I took it to mean that IF a player who was a bit special suddenly became available, he would have the backing to go after him, rather than that he had a special player lined up.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have it on very good information, from someone whom is regularly around the club. That no one has a clue what is going on transfer wise. It seems its easier to get information out of MI5, than it is Poyet's inner circle. But it does sound good, if you make out you know something....Kevin Phillips is not getting games at Birmingham and you would think he would be breaking a leg to play, especially at his age. Cant like warming the bench very much and seems as good a shout as any to be the "special one".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kevin Phillips is not getting games at Birmingham and you would think he would be breaking a leg to play, especially at his age. Cant like warming the bench very much and seems as good a shout as any to be the "special one".

maybe not breaking a leg but he did tear his thigh muscle before the start of the season and is only just coming back to match fitness.........................won't be coming here I think but you never really know do you. I was told by a member of the Board at Blues that he would be moving on a week before he signed a contract extension in July :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here