Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad day for BHAFC

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So if I donated a penny to the A & K club I can apply.

Bargain, cheaper than AMS :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So what is the criteria of A&K donations

Pre Ordered a Seagulls SKA CD - Contributed to A&K

Purchase a fanzine - Contributed to A&K

Drunk a pint at Atillas non stop event - Contributed to A&K

How many who haven't contributed to A&K pay £8 odd a month to the Heroes & Winners draw

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
NOPE!!

Sunderland, pay on the gate (great day!!)

Crewe - Pay on the gate - we were robbed by the ref but again great day!

Wrexham match - met seagulls down in North Wales for fans united carrying banner and protesting! Made my own way on the train!!

Millenium stadium....nothing needed to be said on that one!!!

Do you want me to go on......

But then I dont deserve a ticket as sometime I cannot get to matches so I dont support the team as much as someone who livesin Brighton and goes to every home match and complains the ground is shit!

Sorry... my rant is now over

;) ;)

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Disagree that A&K contributors should get a ticket just because they can afford to donate. But its not hard to become an away member, just £10 for life and your guaranteed to be able to apply first for away tickets no matter how frequently you go.

At least we don't have to have been to a certain amount of away games or have a certain amount of 'credits' like other clubs do.

btw I think/hope titanic is talking a little tongue in cheek!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
tedebear said:
oh ticket smicket - yes I'll be sad if I don't get one but its up to them to decide how they dish them out - like it or lump it - doesn't make any of us better fans or worse!!

Good to see you back tedebear. Your no-nonsense posts have been missed. I do agree with Rougvie's sentiments on this though (as Gareth Glover well knows!) I'm lucky enough to live local to Brighton, have a season ticket on the never-never and had a little windfall that enabled me to donate to the A&K fund. I don't think this gives me any priority over tickets or anything else to do with the club. I can see why the club would want to prioritise as they're damned if they do and damned if they don't but it is sad that many loyal, and perhaps less fortunate supporters will miss out because of this.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Maybe I have got it wrong.

My understanding is that A&K contributers get priority over AMS members.

This is my MAJOR complaint, last season I missed only 4 games in total, this year I commute back from Ireland when I can at major expense sometimes and cannot justify a season ticket, it also pisses me off that I contributed well over £500 for two sponsored match tickets last season (and about to shell out £220 in a few weeks) but still fall down the pecking order.

:censored:

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
true phae...oops Hungry Joe? :lol:

damned if they do and damned if they don't is hitting the nail on the head!!

hopefully the loyal supporters will get tickets one way or another - I hope so as I'm in that category...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hungry Joe. said:
. I can see why the club would want to prioritise as they're damned if they do and damned if they don't but it is sad that many loyal, and perhaps less fortunate supporters will miss out because of this.

Which loyal and less fortunate fans are going to miss out?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Titanic said:
Northstander... aren't most away games all ticket ??
No, personally this season I have paid on the gate at Forest, Crewe and Ipswich and probably could have at other matches I havent been able to go to.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Scarface said:
btw I think/hope titanic is talking a little tongue in cheek!

I thought it was obvious that this thread was just an excuse for another futile argument about who 'deserves' something because they were a 'better supporter' than someone else.

However, I do believe the club have made a genuine and pretty good attempt to address ths challenge of distibuting tickets as fairly as possible.

I have no problem with the decision to prioritise season ticket holders, AMS members, litter patrollers and A&K donators.

As has been said many times - you can't possibly please all of the people all of the time.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The Northstander said:
NOPE!!

Sunderland, pay on the gate (great day!!)

Crewe - Pay on the gate - we were robbed by the ref but again great day!

Wrexham match - met seagulls down in North Wales for fans united carrying banner and protesting! Made my own way on the train!!

Millenium stadium....nothing needed to be said on that one!!!

Do you want me to go on......

But then I dont deserve a ticket as sometime I cannot get to matches so I dont support the team as much as someone who livesin Brighton and goes to every home match and complains the ground is shit!

Sorry... my rant is now over

;) ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I can realistically see both arguments!

Oh well fingers crossed!

:lolol: :clap:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
gazwag said:
So what is the criteria of A&K donations

Pre Ordered a Seagulls SKA CD - Contributed to A&K

Purchase a fanzine - Contributed to A&K

Drunk a pint at Atillas non stop event - Contributed to A&K

How many who haven't contributed to A&K pay £8 odd a month to the Heroes & Winners draw

Good point..... 3 out of 4 .....near the top of the queue for me...makes up for not getting that WHU ticket.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I can see it now... Rotherham away last game... We need a point to stay up... Small away capacity... A & K donators get priority over AMS members...

:lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Rougvie said:

On reading this:

Applications are now being accepted by POST ONLY from season ticket holders (one ticket per person) and existing members of the Away Members Scheme (one ticket per Member). Supporters who have made a donation to the Alive and Kicking Fund may also apply for one ticket and applications will be accepted from registered Litter Patrollers (one ticket each).

I don't think there's any specific pecking order, other than how fast you can run to the postbox.

Let's face it, the club will get flamed whichever way they decide to allocate tickets but this only becomes relevant if the allocation sells out. If it doesn't, then arguing about the priority is a bit pointless

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rougvie said:

Not at all. Two levels of priority:

1. Season ticket holders, AMS members, A&K donators and litter patrollers all equal.

2. People who decide, all of a sudden, to join the AMS now.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Trigger said:
I can see it now... Rotherham away last game... We need a point to stay up... Small away capacity... A & K donators get priority over AMS members...

:lolol:

off to do some street begging to raise that A & K donation and get my Rotherham away ticket

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
tedebear said:
I reckon you should get a voucher for a ticket when you buy a withdean burger - only hard core fans eat those :p

If you eat the burger you wont be needing a ticket:D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here