Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad day for BHAFC

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I have just had fantastic cornish pasty with a large padket of onion rings and am now sucking on another lozenge as I am on my fifth day of not smoking. After 10 years of 20 a day I am finally taking the plunge. I have to say, already, I feel a million dollars.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I knew this would happen in some way or another,

why on earth should A & K donaters get equal priority as AMS members!!!!!

this smacks of elitism, So if you have more money than someone else you get priority???!!!!

bloody joke!!!

"sorry i dont want to upset all you dick knight lovers out there!!!

I'll keep the red flag flying!!!!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
tedebear said:
ahhh no - I've met him and you don't want that....

its the avatar I reckon that reminds me!!

right thats it for me I'm off to do more rewarding things with my day off.......hmmm....wonder what that should be?

Ah, I see. The picture is of an old gangster called Joseph Lewis AKA Hungry Joe.

Te'ra for now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Realistically how many A&K members are there who are not in the AMS?

To be a member of A&K you only had to donate a fiver, so hardly an exclusive club is it? It is only if you gave £250 that you get your name on a seat, but smaller donations have also been acceptable.

If you are not in the AMS then the chances are that you are not a regular away fan, FFS the scheme has been going on for years and has been used regularly during that period. If you cannot be arsed to write a letter and send in a tenner during that period you do not deserve to be at the front of the queue.

Some people are just professional whingers and think the world owes them a living.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
So those who have been able to afford to donate are now better supporters?

I think you missed the point. If you are not a season ticket holder, an AMS member, a litter collector or haven't donated, then you wait until those people have there tickets. I dont see the problem.

If you haven't seen the Albion for ages and then soon as a big game comes along that takes your fancy....well I class that as "out of the wood work".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
1. A&K is not a club with a membership.
2. There is no such word as donator.
3. All this has done is include the people who have donated to A&K, not give them a higher place in the pecking order. Which Rougvie now acknowledges.

I have applied for my tickets to Tottenham, and if there was a case where the number of applications has exceded the number of tickets available, I would have no problem with having lost out to an A&K donor.

I would be pissed off - but not for that reason...

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My thinking is that suddenly the club is changing their away ticket policy.

There are a lot of people on this thread who have championed the first come first served AMS policy. Does nobody think that adding A&K donators onto this as a little worrying in the way that they could soon start prioritising even more over ticketing?

Is there going to a point where suddenly away members who have donated get priority over away members who haven't?

They should have stuck with the AMS first come first served like they said they would, as people have said, there can't be many who have donated who aren't AMS anyway so why bring it up?

ps I just had crimbo dinner in our canteen and it was okay, the turley was dry as ever but I smiled at the nice serving lady and got extra sangers wrapped in bacon.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
I would have no problem with having lost out to an A&K donor.

I would be pissed off - but not for that reason...

You wouldn't?

I f***ing would.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
there can't be many who have donated who aren't AMS anyway so why bring it up?

Exactly because there are not many, so it's not a BIG DEAL.

:thud:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I just had plain old tuna and mayo!

Always a classic! (not to mention quick and easy to make the night before)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I can't believe people are moaning about tickets already when the information was only announced today!!

I'm willing to bet that anyone who applies straight away (i.e. gets their application in the post today) will get a ticket. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sell the whole allocation.

Oh and Mr Northstander I'm finding it hard to believe you are as dedicated as you say you are when you're not already a member of the AMS, a scheme that has been in place for 3 - 4 years (maybe longer). Surely in that time there would have been a game you would have wanted to go to that has warranted you being a member??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Titanic said:
Exactly because there are not many, so it's not a BIG DEAL.

:thud:

Why :thud: ??

They are making special cases out of those who have donated.

Why?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
To say thank you ?

It's a very small group of people, if any, who have donated to A&K and are not seasontickets holders, ams members, or litter pickers.

If someone is good to you - it is not unusual to show gratitude when you get the opportunity.

If they hadn't, I - as a season ticket holder and donor (although not a litter picker), would have been rather disappointed at the club.

If I don't get Spurs tickets, I will be disappointed, not angry or bitter - just disappointed.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
So how many people do you lot think have made a donation but aren't either AMS or season ticket holders? As near none as makes no difference I'll bet. Stop whinging and get your applications in the post.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Curious Orange said:
So how many people do you lot think have made a donation but aren't either AMS or season ticket holders? As near none as makes no difference I'll bet. Stop whinging and get your applications in the post.

Nail

Head

Bang!!!

Well said that man!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have picked up a mars wrapper before at Withdean,

Do I get a ticket?

:jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are we getting a tad carried away with all of this.

The last time ( not counting cardiff) we got anything like 4500 away was at Palace when lots of people came out of the woodwork. Yes Ok its a big game, but the price of tickets at £25/£30 is a lot of money for some people...train tickets etc and its a £100 day.

I personally think that we will struggle to sell all 4500.

However if I dont get a ticket I WILL BE BLOODY WELL f***ed OFF...especially if someone gets one who did not go to Swansea many years ago when there was only 60 odd of us there!

Dave the dyed in the Wool Seagull

:lolol:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Also, if we still have unsold tickets after Jan 5th they will not be sold to 'ordinary' supporters. It'll still be the same rules as before but via the club shop.

The only way to get a ticket is to join the AMS or donate to A&K.

But one thought about A&K though. How many people have donated in someone else's name (parent; relation; child)? In this case they could apply for another ticket in a different name.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They aren't making special cases. The only way and A&K donator would get preference over another group is if they

Arent a member of the AMS or a season ticket holder !!

Honestly how many who have contributed to the fund are neither ?

Basically the club are saying - if you've contributed to the alive and kicking and didn't get round to filling in an AMS form (or don't have a season ticket) - we'll make you a member of the AMS automatically. I think that's fair enough.. Its what happens when you buy a season ticket anyway.

Lets not forget - you only need to go to ONE WAY game and be a member of the AMS. It's not a loyalty system is it ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here