Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad day for BHAFC

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
So the club decide that those can AFFORD to donate to Alive and Kicking get priority over those who havent.

What about those who have down the years contributed to every bucket thrust in their face, gone to fundraising events, or thought they were doing WHAT THEY COULD AFFORD.

Cant believe the club have pandered to a few whingers and done this.

Very sad day.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Personally - I think the club have got it spot on.

Season tickets holders, current AMS members, A&K donators, and litter patrollers first.

If you don't come into one of those categories then you aren't much of a supporter, are you ??

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
oh ticket smicket - yes I'll be sad if I don't get one but its up to them to decide how they dish them out - like it or lump it - doesn't make any of us better fans or worse!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have to say, its a good point Rougvie. All credit to those who contributed, but my understanding was that it was a donation to the club, ie given without the need for anything material in return. I can see the clubs side of it in wanting to offer something back as a gesture of thanks, but real loyalty just cannot be measured in finance alone.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Titanic said:

Season tickets holders, current AMS members, A&K donators, and litter patrollers first.

If you don't come into one of those categories then you aren't much of a supporter, are you ??

Have to disagree Im afraid!

I live oop north where it's grim but have supported the Mighty Seagulls for as long as I remember. Since moving away I cannot get to many games but do endeavour to get to as many as I can.

Does this make me a lesser supporter than a season ticket holder?

PS*sending AMS form recorded delivery to at least avoid in the future.

:lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Titanic said:

So those who have been able to afford to donate are now better supporters?

BOLLOCKS.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe I'm missing something here but to me it says that contributors to the A&K appeal can apply for one ticket-not an extra ticket.

What's wrong with that?

People who aren't STH, AMS members, Litter Patrollers or A&K contributors fall into the glory hunter category don't they?. Most regular Albion fans fall into at least one of the above categories surely? And as such will be at the front of the line when tickets get allocated which is how it should be isn't it?

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Bwian said:
Maybe I'm missing something here but to me it says that contributors to the A&K appeal can apply for one ticket-not an extra ticket.

What's wrong with that?

People who aren't STH, AMS members, Litter Patrollers or A&K contributors fall into the glory hunter category. Most regular Albion fans fall into at least one of the above categories surely? And as such will be at the front of the line when tickets get allocated which is how it should be isn't it?

WHAT? ? ? ? ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Northstander... aren't most away games all ticket ??

In which case anyone whose been to even a few away games in recent years is very likely to be an AMS member already.
As I understand it you are an AMS member for LIFE, not just for a season.

The scheme has been running for several years.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bwian said:

What's wrong with that?

People who aren't STH, AMS members, Litter Patrollers or A&K contributors fall into the glory hunter category. Most regular Albion fans fall into at least one of the above categories surely? And as such will be at the front of the line when tickets get allocated which is how it should be isn't it?

the first 3 perhaps, A & K contributors no. Agree with first post, its meant to be a donation

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
It's a good idea.. Sounds like a plan to deter any brighton-based Tottenham supporters buying our tix.

Just an afterthought.. so what if you haven't donated.. if you fall into the category of the other three it shouldn't matter.

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Surely if you can afford to donate to the Alive and Kicking fund you can afford £10 for the AMS?

-edit-

To be honest though who cares? 4,500 is enough for everyone who wants to go to get in!

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Northstander said:
WHAT? ? ? ? ?

It's in English.

Everybody knows that there is an AMS scheme operated by the club-why wouldn't you join if you go to away games regularly?

I think the 4 categories the club have mentioned relate to most current Albion supporters-NOT the 20,000 we picked up for Cardiff. That's what I'm referring to.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
OK - how many A&K donators aren't already Season ticket holders, AMS members or litter pickers, and will actually want to buy a ticket ??

Not many I would guess - but it seems like a decent gesture by the club, as a small token of gratitude for their financial support.

It doesn't seem like a BIG DEAL to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would be very suprised if any A+K contributors don't already fall into the season ticket, litter patrol, AMS member scheme already.

If they don't then I see no reason why they shouldn't get priority as those that don't fall into the other 3 are part timers (or not able to get to "ordinary" games )anyway??

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here