Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I think you've hit the nail on the head. We currently have more lightweight 'fans' than most. In all my years of watching football I've never seen an early walkout on this scale before, anywhere, at a stadium where the home team is winning well.

Agree these people will be there if we make the play off final and will they stay till the end win or loose or is there a urgency to beat the rush home ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think you've hit the nail on the head. We currently have more lightweight 'fans' than most. In all my years of watching football I've never seen an early walkout on this scale before, anywhere, at a stadium where the home team is winning well.

Whilst in some agreement,if and it will never be tested,but IF Falmer was better served transport wise,or in a different location then perhaps the numbers would be lower,we will never know.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
IF Falmer was better served transport wise,or in a different location then perhaps the numbers would be lower,we will never know.

Of course they would! Brighton Station for example would have meant a lot fewer leaving earlier yesterday.

PEOPLE LEAVE EARLY BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION OF THE AMEX AND THE DIFFICULTIES THAT CAUSES IN GETTING AWAY QUICKLY. GET OVER IT YOU SAD WHINGERS!

I've watched the Albion at some 105 grounds and very occasionally leave the Amex before final whistle in order to get back to Kent at decent hour midweek with early start next morning!And you think i dont give a stuff about the Albion because of that?!Cretins!!

Last edited:

sparky

Jan 17, 2009
I can't believe how many so-called fans left well before the end of the game today. And the North Stand was as bad as anywhere.

Call yourselves real fans? You're pathetic.

In 55 years of supporting the Albion I have never once left a game before the end.

The players deserve a full stadium to applaud them off the pitch after a win like that.

absolutely right mate but the worst thing is fans who leave 10mins before half time for their precious burger & return 10 mins into 2nd half. over a season how long is that!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Old Trafford is usually 2/3 full a couple of minutes from the end too, it is a modern phenomenon.

Don't do it myself, but it's a personal choice surely. What does get me scratching my head is that the 1901 section is very empty at the start of the second half for about five minutes, are the catering arrangements there very slow?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I mentioned earlier, I was one of these dull early leavers. I have to say I was shocked at the amount of people outside on 87 minutes, it was embarrassing. Bloody hell, Palace will have a field day on here if it happens against them. . . AGAIN.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I can't believe how many so-called fans left well before the end of the game today. And the North Stand was as bad as anywhere.

Call yourselves real fans? You're pathetic.

In 55 years of supporting the Albion I have never once left a game before the end.

The players deserve a full stadium to applaud them off the pitch after a win like that.

Totally agree with this, goodness knows what the players think. Three of us sitting together in the WSU were gobsmacked at the mass exodus. Its the worst I've seen in a long long time.

I leave early most games now, this is mainly due to having a dodgy ankle that ensures I can not do anything other than walk slowly. This in turn means I cannot join the "Charge of the Light Brigade" to the Station.

As for clapping the team off, I look at it like this:

By paying for a season ticket, purchasing beer and food, buying all manner of tat from the club shop I am in small part contributing to paying the players salaries in exactly the same way as when I go shopping I am contributing to the employees salaries of Tesco. I as yet have not had the urge to stand an applaud the staff there for having the shelves stocked with all the items on my list or being served with courtesy.

It's their JOB.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Old Trafford is usually 2/3 full a couple of minutes from the end too, it is a modern phenomenon.

Don't do it myself, but it's a personal choice surely. What does get me scratching my head is that the 1901 section is very empty at the start of the second half for about five minutes, are the catering arrangements there very slow?

Something to do with an extra pint or 2

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
There was a bloke next to us who a few weeks ago during the Arsenal game left on 70 minutes !! I thought that was bad enough but yesterday he appeared again in the North Stand and this time left on 60 minutes !!
Got to be the record for leaving early surely ??

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What they going to do, not let people out? Or will my Barber early leaver Levy become reality?
Just address the queues I guess, it isnt an issue for me, but it is for them obviously. Simple really, longer platform, bigger trains, stewards controlling flow in Bennets field, more structure to the bus loading. But hey, what do I know.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
I'm surprised you guys who stay until the end are annoyed to be honest, surely you can understand their mentality? They've seen their team play really well, and they know Brighton have won so they leave early so they can get their train without queueing or get onto the road before the traffic hits.

I for one have never left a game early in any sport to be honest, unless I'm going to a game as a neutral, but if someone wants to leave early after seeing a fantastic performance so they don't face the queues after game then that doesn't make them a worse fan then any of you guys who stay right till the end.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
As I mentioned earlier, I was one of these dull early leavers. I have to say I was shocked at the amount of people outside on 87 minutes, it was embarrassing. Bloody hell, Palace will have a field day on here if it happens against them. . . AGAIN.

Unfortunately it will happen again. I don't understand the need to leave early. Does leaving early really make it THAT much difference to transport times when a 1/3 of the ground are all queuing for transport before the final whistle? How much attention to the game are these people really paying? Personally I didn't notice there were so many people missing until the final whistle had gone. I was watching the game.........and yes it DOES show disrespect to your team when the players have to leave the field to an empty stadium.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm surprised you guys who stay until the end are annoyed to be honest, surely you can understand their mentality? They've seen their team play really well.

I can, but where is their 'mentality' in showing their final whistle appreciation for the players who have 'played really well' as you say? At least Ulloa was subbed early enough to get his applause.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
I can, but where is their 'mentality' in showing their final whistle appreciation for the players who have 'played really well' as you say? At least Ulloa was subbed early enough to get his applause.

Do the players really care though?

This isn't trying to defend my self, I never leave before the end as I said even if the score is 4-0 or 5-0 against us, it's just I feel I understand why people do, especially if the game has been won/lost before the end.

I don't understand people who leave if the score is tight though, which I see every game.

I remember when I went to go watch Crawley a couple of years back people were leaving when they were 1-0 down???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The guys behind me always leave about 5-10 mins before the end, every game without fail. I can kind of understand it a bit more yesterday because the game had already been sewn-up. But most matches this season there has been at the most one goal between the teams on 90 mins - how can you leave without knowing the result of the match? What I normally do is leg it just as the ref is about to blow, as I have a long journey and hanging around can make an hour's difference to my getting home time - so I am guilty of rarely clapping the team off - but is it really that important?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I left early.

Makes it a lot easier to get home to Portsmouth swiftly, and as my wife is 40 weeks pregnant this was important to me this week.

If the OP has a problem with that he can get f***ed.

This. The OP is a bellend.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
I love watching the Albion and couldn't give a monkeys what time anyone else leaves the ground. I have never left a game before the final whistle as we all know anything could happen, until yesterday ...............

It was my Father in Laws 65th and I had to be back for the celebrations so I left when Mackail Smith came on! I heard a goal during the walk to the station, another at the station and found out about the penalty when my three so called mates called, pissing themselves laughing at me down the phone. Gutted does not come close!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here