Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
the two teenage irons in front of me left at 1-1 - no doubt off to get a bit of b*m shandy in the khazis whilst no one was around.
They never re-appeared.

ESU Seagull

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah, was amazing. Looking over from the west, the East stand was half full with 5 mins to go.

I guess each to their own but I want to clap the lads off the pitch (and have another pie and a pint).

Exactly the same looking over to the west from the east, very empty.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Question to the early leavers - do you actually enjoy the last 15 or so minutes of the match, or are you continually checking your watch, thinking "I'll watch another five/six etc. minutes." I know I'd hate it, the second half starting and in the back of the mind the thought that in 30 or so minutes of football I've got to leave, and if there are long injury spells in the second half I'm going to see even less football before I have to leg it.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I am surprised. I sometimes leave early usually evening games cause live so far away. But reading replies on this thread, clearly approx 20k Brighton fans are actually shift workers from Oxfordshire who start at 8pm if Saturday or 2am if weekday. Either that, or we've got a lot of liars who take Offence when the minority rightly call them out for pathetic show of support at the final whistle for the lads after a superb performance today. Frankly it was embarrassing and not surprised players feel let down. Shame on all those who didn't really need to leave before the final whistle, a good 15k had gone. Still, that's more than many clubs can claim went so every cloud...

We always leave half way through stoppage time, just because we like to get home at c. 5.20, rather than 6.20 and we avoid the queues.

No qualms about doing this, and still haven't missed an Albion goal eg last season we witnessed late winners versus Doncaster, Forest and Leicester.

Keeps my young lad still interested if we make the whole trip shorter.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I understand that out of 25,000 people there will be a small percentage of people who HAVE to leave early. Work, pregnant wives, long journeys home etc.

But there are an awful lot of people who leave early simply because they don't want to stand in a queue for half an hour.

Real shame as today IMO the players deserved a full stadium at the final whistle.

The solution? Improve the transport (more park and rides busses and better transport management) and more incentives to stay behind (discounted food/drink)

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
We win and still people moan....for what it's worth I left on 92 minutes as I had to work tonight. If people want to go, then so what? If people want to stay to the end, then so what? If people don't buy the Harvey's because they dont drink, then so what? What next? If you buy a replica shirt now at a cheaper price than it was last season, then you are scum and your support is not welcome? Geez I'm sure you would hate for people to judge you and your decisions. So you worry about your great support and how people like me are ruining your experience and I will just carry on supporting the club I love.
By the way I was made redundant recently and even making the home games is a struggle, so what give pompous pricks like some on here the God given right to judge?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If we played the second half first and the first half second I guarantee that you wouldn't get anyone leaving early. Over to you Paul Barber.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I agree with you but for some people getting in two hours earlier is more important, I like to stay to the end and also clap the players with my son.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We win and still people moan....for what it's worth I left on 92 minutes as I had to work tonight. If people want to go, then so what? If people want to stay to the end, then so what? If people don't buy the Harvey's because they dont drink, then so what? What next? If you buy a replica shirt now at a cheaper price than it was last season, then you are scum and your support is not welcome? Geez I'm sure you would hate for people to judge you and your decisions. So you worry about your great support and how people like me are ruining your experience and I will just carry on supporting the club I love.
By the way I was made redundant recently and even making the home games is a struggle, so what give pompous pricks like some on here the God given right to judge?

It doesn't have to be an angry debate does it? Personally it's about feeling bad for the players walking off in front of half empty stands, more than making any damning judgement on those who leave before full time.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I understand that out of 25,000 people there will be a small percentage of people who HAVE to leave early. Work, pregnant wives, long journeys home etc.

But there are an awful lot of people who leave early simply because they don't want to stand in a queue for half an hour.

Real shame as today IMO the players deserved a full stadium at the final whistle.

The solution? Improve the transport (more park and rides busses and better transport management) and more incentives to stay behind (discounted food/drink)

Plenty leave early so they can get a post match pint without queuing on the consourse. Unbelievable but true.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Mostly this... except for the fact that I was in the WSU, clapped the whole team off, had a WEE, walked down to the number 25 bus and was in central Brighton by 5.15. Yes, some people have reasons to leave and fair play to them. The ground was around 85% empty at the final whistle and it showed massive disrespect to our players and killed the atmosphere for the final 10 minutes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It doesn't have to be an angry debate does it? Personally it's about feeling bad for the players walking off in front of halfhttp://www.northstandchat.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5545878 empty stands, more than making any damning judgement on those who leave before full time.

this.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I can't believe how many so-called fans left well before the end of the game today. And the North Stand was as bad as anywhere.

Call yourselves real fans? You're pathetic.

In 55 years of supporting the Albion I have never once left a game before the end.

The players deserve a full stadium to applaud them off the pitch after a win like that.

Shut up

In 55 years I haven't seen a more ridiculous post.

Ok so I'm only 28 but its still a shit thread. Enjoy the win and stop worrying what everyone else is doing

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
the two teenage irons in front of me left at 1-1 - no doubt off to get a bit of b*m shandy in the khazis whilst no one was around.
They never re-appeared.

And we're trying to rid this club of homophobia ?

YOU TWAT !!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a good result today. 15 days til st payback's day...

Glad Ulloa????

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I can't believe how many so-called fans left well before the end of the game today. And the North Stand was as bad as anywhere.

Call yourselves real fans? You're pathetic.

In 55 years of supporting the Albion I have never once left a game before the end.

The players deserve a full stadium to applaud them off the pitch after a win like that.

Yes thank you very much Lance-Corporal Jack Jones. In future we shall stay away shall we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here