Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i can only presume the person who started this thread has only ever watched the Albion at home and never visited an away footy stadium,he has also probably never been to any other sporting event in this country otherwise he would know people leave early at everything.Cricket Rugby Basketball and probably Bowls for all i know,all have people leaving early.

what sort of sad controlling tyrannical eglomaniac Nazi f@ck actually gives a shit if people leave early or not

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Let me put it this way...........you would not come past my seat whilst I was watching the game. You could sod off the other way. Now you know how it will work.

out of interest do your threats also apply to those that during the game may wish to go and get a cup of bovril or use the toilet.

How often do you beat the wife for walking in front of the TV?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems obvious that - with a smallish number of exceptions - the thousands that left early yesterday will also be the first to jump ship the first time the Albion are no longer on an upward trajectory and start to drift down the league(s). Because that will happen to the club at some point, same as it happens to every other club at some point. The thousands that left early yesterday - like I say, with a smallish number of exceptions yada yada - don't really give that much of a shit about the Albion if they can't be arsed to wait five minutes to clap the team off the pitch after an exhilarating win.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I can't believe how many so-called fans left well before the end of the game today. And the North Stand was as bad as anywhere.

Call yourselves real fans? You're pathetic.

In 55 years of supporting the Albion I have never once left a game before the end.

The players deserve a full stadium to applaud them off the pitch after a win like that.

I had to go to effin work, I'm pleased I got to see the goals!

Oh and it's whistle. Disgusting- learn to spell.

:moo:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Seems obvious that - with a smallish number of exceptions - the thousands that left early yesterday will also be the first to jump ship the first time the Albion are no longer on an upward trajectory and start to drift down the league(s). Because that will happen to the club at some point, same as it happens to every other club at some point. The thousands that left early yesterday - like I say, with a smallish number of exceptions yada yada - don't really give that much of a shit about the Albion if they can't be arsed to wait five minutes to clap the team off the pitch after an exhilarating win.

Correct

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Got a ST with my son. The one time he copped a strop and wanted to go early was 2 seasons ago when Carlisle equalised in the 90 th minute. I told him no way as the game was not over. Then Bridcutt scored that screamer and he has never wanted to go early since.........

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
For the first time this issue actually became significantly apparent to me yesterday, from my seat high in the WSU I could see cars streaming out of Bennets field at 84 mins, what time did they leave their seat for Christ's sake. I reckon by the time the whistle went at least ten thousand had gone, if not more.

The club need to react really, this will be a real block to maintaining progress.... in my view anyway.

D

Deleted User X18H

For the first time this issue actually became significantly apparent to me yesterday, from my seat high in the WSU I could see cars streaming out of Bennets field at 84 mins, what time did they leave their seat for Christ's sake. I reckon by the time the whistle went at least ten thousand had gone, if not more.

The club need to react really, this will be a real block to maintaining progress.... in my view anyway.

What they going to do, not let people out? Or will my Barber early leaver Levy become reality?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Have to agree with that.

I thought it was pretty embarrassing. I have people around me from Burwash, Polegate, Lancing, Romford and Haywards Heath who ALL stay to the end no matter what.

If they can all stay to clap the team off after an outstanding performance, then the majority of the early leavers should aswell.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Let me put it this way...........you would not come past my seat whilst I was watching the game. You could sod off the other way. Now you know how it will work.

I can guarantee you that if I decided to leave a few minutes early and some prat said you 'ain't coming past me' I would without a shadow of doubt launch them a few rows down the stand. What on earth makes you think you can just stop people from walking past? Just reading that comment makes me wanna lob you about! Tosser.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
I'll add my name to the 'disappointed' crew.

It's not about being 'Nazis' or wife beaters or any of the other ridiculous over the top responses on here. It's simply disappointing that when we finally record a big win, the stadium is near silent for the last 4 minutes of the match due to the vast amount of people who have left early. Fair enough if you have job/pregnant wife/other important reason to be home, OF COURSE no-one would criticise those people for leaving early, but can anyone seriously argue that that applied to 15 thousand people yesterday?

At the end of the day, footballers are performers and I actually believe that it probably does matter to many of them how loud the crowd is and how many people are still showing their appreciation at the final whistle (read The Secret Footballer for evidence of how much crowds are a part of what they do). By the same token that they probably deserve to look up at a silent empty stadium if they've played crap and lost 2-0, it would be nice if the majority of us could show how much we appreciate their skill and effort by applauding the team off at the end.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll add my name to the 'disappointed' crew.

It's not about being 'Nazis' or wife beaters or any of the other ridiculous over the top responses on here. It's simply disappointing that when we finally record a big win, the stadium is near silent for the last 4 minutes of the match due to the vast amount of people who have left early. Fair enough if you have job/pregnant wife/other important reason to be home, OF COURSE no-one would criticise those people for leaving early, but can anyone seriously argue that that applied to 15 thousand people yesterday?

At the end of the day, footballers are performers and I actually believe that it probably does matter to many of them how loud the crowd is and how many people are still showing their appreciation at the final whistle (read The Secret Footballer for evidence of how much crowds are a part of what they do). By the same token that they probably deserve to look up at a silent empty stadium if they've played crap and lost 2-0, it would be nice if the majority of us could show how much we appreciate their skill and effort by applauding the team off at the end.

Sums it all up. Really well put.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
IMHO these are the exact same people who will stop coming as soon as the club stops being on an upward trajectory. Which will happen sometime. If I owned a club I really wouldn't want to be building any kind of a business model around these people.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. We currently have more lightweight 'fans' than most. In all my years of watching football I've never seen an early walkout on this scale before, anywhere, at a stadium where the home team is winning well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here