Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The reason is simple and will always be the case. Not everyone lives a few miles from Brighton. Some people have 90 mins journeys, if not more to get home. When you could walk to your car and listen to five live or talk sport in a nice warm car it wasn't so bad. Now them extra few minutes before the final whistle, can make a difference of a hour or even more in some cases, for people getting back home. It's shouldn't take people two hours to get home from a home game. But with the parking/travel restrictions the way they are, this will always be the case. Get over it, it isn't going to change and will always be worse for a night game.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
leaving 5 minutes before the final whistle can mean not spending an extra hour in the car park. i can see why people do it.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately it will happen again. I don't understand the need to leave early. Does leaving early really make it THAT much difference to transport times when a 1/3 of the ground are all queuing for transport before the final whistle? How much attention to the game are these people really paying? Personally I didn't notice there were so many people missing until the final whistle had gone. I was watching the game.........and yes it DOES show disrespect to your team when the players have to leave the field to an empty stadium.

I agree, should always be a full stadium to applaud the team off. By the same token, like myself yesterday there will always be the odd occasion where you might have to nip out, to get to work or whatever. Clearly the amount of people leaving though is solely down to beating the queues, and I simply don't understand that at all. Personally I nearly always applaud macca off and then go and have a beer before heading off. Simples.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
players dont give a shit if stadium is full or not when games over

Sweet. Who do u play for or have played for? How many pro footballers do u know?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Just after the real attendance is announced we could have a new Albion Lottery on guessing the attendance at full time!

To be fair i don't really care either way, they pay money to go they can leave when they want. Happens in every other ground in the country although i did think they deserved the applause yesterday. Was the same at the Goldstone and the same at Withdean.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Just address the queues I guess, it isnt an issue for me, but it is for them obviously. Simple really, longer platform, bigger trains, stewards controlling flow in Bennets field, more structure to the bus loading. But hey, what do I know.

I think you know all that is needed to know on this subject. Managing the buses is probably the biggest failing. I wonder if any senior management have ever bothered to walk out to the car park at the end of a game to see the shambles. If they have and are happy with the current system, then I would have to assume that they like people leaving early.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Everyone is entitled to leave when they want, but I was surprised at the high numbers who buggered off yesterday.
Bit of a shame the ground was almost half empty at the final whistel.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I love watching the Albion and couldn't give a monkeys what time anyone else leaves the ground. I have never left a game before the final whistle as we all know anything could happen, until yesterday ...............

It was my Father in Laws 65th and I had to be back for the celebrations so I left when Mackail Smith came on! I heard a goal during the walk to the station, another at the station and found out about the penalty when my three so called mates called, pissing themselves laughing at me down the phone. Gutted does not come close!

Yup, similar story for me – I had to get back into Brighton for about 5 to pick up family members from a college production. So ended up leaving the ground about 4.25 to be sure of making it on time. Score at the time: 1-1.
Hearing not one roar, but two from Falmer station platform was cheering but galling at the same time. Next time we need three goals in five minutes, just ask me to leave :(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tosh.

Orlandi, Barnes & Co weren't down in the dumps last night, because a third of punters weren't there to cheer them off.

You have a vivid imagination.

Have u quoted the wrong person or something? Where have I said anything on the subject. Just asked him what footballers he knew. Talk about making a f***ing beeline.

It may not be a massive deal, but I'm sure the players would rather celebrate with a full stadium.

Last edited:

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Yup, similar story for me – I had to get back into Brighton for about 5 to pick up family members from a college production. So ended up leaving the ground about 4.25 to be sure of making it on time. Score at the time: 1-1.
Hearing not one roar, but two from Falmer station platform was cheering but galling at the same time. Next time we need three goals in five minutes, just ask me to leave :(

Shall we leave early every week?! :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I love it when people leave early. Less of a queue for the bar, and less of a queue at the station later.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Have u quoted the wrong person or something? Where have I said anything on the subject. Just asked him what footballers he k we. Talk about making a f***ing beeline.

It may not be a massive deal, but I'm sure the players would rather celebrate with a full stadium.

Evidence?

They would have been "over the moon", and not anal about some swathes of blue seats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Evidence?

They would have been "over the moon", and not anal about some swathes of blue seats.

As my original post pointed out, there is no evidence unless u asked players. It's no big deal. I was just annoyed that other poster drew his own conclusions of my opinion on the subject from a nothing post.

Ps keep leaving early bad fan ;)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Evidence?

Evidence to where I said the players would have been bothered?

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Tosh.

Orlandi, Barnes & Co weren't down in the dumps last night, because a third of punters weren't there to cheer them off.

You have a vivid imagination.

And you've got a vivid imagination if you think it was only a third of punters weren't there at the end. I've never seen an early walk out like that from a winning team's fans in 30 years of watching football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here