Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm in a seriously pissed off mood with matters at the mo

At least you're not alone. Most of us feel really angry....yet helpless too. It's not a nice feeling.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
David Burke has got photographic evidence of Tony Bloom noshing Gully off and is holding him to ransom.

No other conceivable reason why he's still in employment

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Today the plan should have been Buckley out, two in. A decent replacement for Buckley and our long term target, Ward. That's how a good management team would sort it. If Ward has been a long term target Burke should have been in constant contact with him and his agent explaining that we wanted him and checking all the way along that he was as keen to join us as we were in taking him. I've got the feeling that Ward and his agent have become so pissed off with us over our stand off with Wolves that he's enjoyed this one. The Board seem to think that they can out manoeuvre agents, other clubs and yet all they seem to be doing is getting stuffed when it matters. This is a huge PR cock up on the day when we sold one of our key players.....there's no doubt we had timed the Ward in transfer to soften the blow and yet now it's simply blown up in our faces......#shambles

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We seem to becoming very arrogant with our transfer dealings thinking we are Bertie Bigbollocks and it doesn't seem to be working , there needs to be a massive rethink of how things are done and Burke moving on might be the start, you can only judge someone on results in this game and for 2 windows running our efforts have been a shambles

We need a tried and tested Englishman to work on our deals!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's not.

Unfortunately there's too many people on here incapable of seeing fault in anything the three B's do.

This deal should have been sorted weeks ago. We could clearly afford the player (offer accepted today). This is about the club trying to get him on the cheap. Everything we do at the minute is about getting something for nothing. If we'd offered the asking price on the 01 Jul chances are he'd be a Brighton player already.

We've got no one else to blame but ourselves

100% this, the deal with Ward should have been done back in July before the start of pre season. Everyone knew he wanted to come, but with all are fannying around he probably thought f**k it, they obviously don't want me that much. So has gone elsewhere for a few quid more. And who can blame him.....Queue the club telling us, it was out of there hands, just like Clayton and others...Personally I think the warning signs were there when Sammy Lee agreed terms, then done a very quick u-turn.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
OK, I am as disappointed as anyone that Ward isnt coming - he was my player of the season last year.

However, we do have an international left back who had a brilliant game against Ireland (and Ward) last season and we have yet to give him a game yet!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's not.

Unfortunately there's too many people on here incapable of seeing fault in anything the three B's do.

This deal should have been sorted weeks ago. We could clearly afford the player (offer accepted today). This is about the club trying to get him on the cheap. Everything we do at the minute is about getting something for nothing. If we'd offered the asking price on the 01 Jul chances are he'd be a Brighton player already.

We've got no one else to blame but ourselves

The problem is it will be us that are called bedwetters.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are you some sort of goon 'it's only a left back', 'one of the least important positions', 'should of been aiming higher than Ward', by the way who might that have been? Couldn't sign Lewes's left back at the moment.

F'uck off prick :wanker:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Today the plan should have been Buckley out, two in. A decent replacement for Buckley and our long term target, Ward. That's how a good management team would sort it. If Ward has been a long term target Burke should have been in constant contact with him and his agent explaining that we wanted him and checking all the way along that he was as keen to join us as we were in taking him. I've got the feeling that Ward and his agent have become so pissed off with us over our stand off with Wolves that he's enjoyed this one. The Board seem to think that they can out manoeuvre agents, other clubs and yet all they seem to be doing is getting stuffed when it matters. This is a huge PR cock up on the day when we sold one of our key players.....there's no doubt we had timed the Ward in transfer to soften the blow and yet now it's simply blown up in our faces......#shambles

Bang on . Can't help feeling we've burnt bridges in the football world with our lack of negotiation.

Our way or highway

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Don't shoot the messenger, but you can get odds of 14-1 on us going down. We have now lost Ward, Upson, TK, Orlandi, Buckley, Ulloa, TK et al from last seasons squad and the calibre of the replacements (bar Stockdale) is questionable. I have to admit that it has a feel of '91-92 and a fiver is heading in that direction.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
If fans are getting upset about not signing Ward, then we really are on a downward spiral.

He was ok, but nothing more than that.

TB

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Hyypia's press conference in the morning will be interesting. Gather he is furious - not with #bhafc but with Ward and his agent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here