Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Never mind. We'll sign Radovan Nonsuc from Albania division 8.

Hey, has my prediction for ONE transfer deal today come true, or did we sign Hopalong McCourt ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Time for us fans to take action....

How much does an advert cost in the Times goal supplement: WANTED - PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS (anyone, yes ANYONE considered!!!) for BHA.

Maybe we could go halves with Blackpool?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
OK, I am as disappointed as anyone that Ward isnt coming - he was my player of the season last year.

However, we do have an international left back who had a brilliant game against Ireland (and Ward) last season and we have yet to give him a game yet!

He got 60 valuable seconds on Tuesday!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If fans are getting upset about not signing Ward, then we really are on a downward spiral.

He was ok, but nothing more than that.

TB

He was also a main transfer target for the summer and after getting over £10m in we have still missed out

D

Deleted member 22389

Zero ****ing loyalty in football, why do we keep getting ****ed over.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This deal should have been sorted weeks ago. We could clearly afford the player (offer accepted today). This is about the club trying to get him on the cheap. Everything we do at the minute is about getting something for nothing. If we'd offered the asking price on the 01 Jul chances are he'd be a Brighton player already.

We've got no one else to blame but ourselves
We have messed up. And yes we are trying to do it all on the cheap, to stay within the rules. But the offer accepted today may be the offer we made weeks ago, and they've come down in price rather than us go up. We're negotiating hard on all players, and at the moment it all seems to be going against us. But if we didn't negotiate on any players, we'd be spending a fortune.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If fans are getting upset about not signing Ward, then we really are on a downward spiral.

He was ok, but nothing more than that.

TB

But that's not totally the point is it. The point is that the club felt that Ward would come in on the day Buckley went as he was a fans favourite and would soften the blow, and yet the club couldn't nail it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Blimey Grombles is that a sign of dissatisfaction, are the rose tinted glasses slipping a tad

They're not 'rose tinted'. I don't know if it's dissatisfaction or just disbelief. You couldn't script it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We've dicked them about all summer . I'd of done the same

Where is the proof ? We may well have done, but do you have any proof ?

What i thought.

Hyypia's press conference tomorrow will hopefully answer some of these questions, but being furious at Ward and his agent but not the club strongly hints at who may be to blame.....which will delight some on here.

D

Deleted member 22389

**** em all. I'm going to support Brighton whatever. The only ones acting like ***** are the players and their agents. Money has ruined football completely and I hope one day it takes a ****ing nose dive.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Hyypia's press conference in the morning will be interesting. Gather he is furious - not with #bhafc but with Ward and his agent.

Perhaps Sami should reflect on why Ward has messed us around at the last minute. Maybe that he felt unwanted by our lack of action over the past weeks when we could and should have tied this one down.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Dick Knight in his autobiography says he fell out with the Friday Ad shareholder over club spending. He argues that if you are not moving upwards as a football club - it is easy to fall into a downwards spiral - worse players - less fans - less income -worse players etc. Its a fine balancing act but there is no doubt we are moving backwards.

Also I am not convinced by Mr Blooms people skills. he appointed Poyet who although successful was obviously a volatile character. He claims Garcia was a poor communicator -surely obvious to anyone who had properly interviewed him - and his brinkmanship over player deals is clearly not working.

However - thanks for the stadium and training ground (assuming it was all his money that paid for it).

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
It's left us the same as usual.... Get someone to fill a position that's one of the least important on the pitch . Had this been a striker or keeper I would have been worried, left back ?

....nah

But it becomes f##king important when Hyppia wants a system based on good quality wing backs!

All in all the spin about PLR and price rises but the obvious drop in player quality does not sit right. Especially when we have multiple sesson FL topping attendances & high prices. Casual fans will think twice if the BHA "product" (let's use the new all pervasive terminolgy of the Amex era) on the pitch drops.

I have never felt so depressed after an Albion win than on Tuesday & I'm a "die hard" fan.

I think the Club now need to make a clear and honest statement about the current situation and intentions for recruitment and the forthcoming season.

It will take some set of signings before 1st September to repair the damage to the goodwill that's being done, judging by the conversations I've had this past few weeks.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
We have messed up. And yes we are trying to do it all on the cheap, to stay within the rules. But the offer accepted today may be the offer we made weeks ago, and they've come down in price rather than us go up. We're negotiating hard on all players, and at the moment it all seems to be going against us. But if we didn't negotiate on any players, we'd be spending a fortune.

We've creamed in 17 MILLION since January and the club are probably haggling over a couple of hundred thousand

We still haven't spent our original budget never mind the income from Ulloa and Buckley.

Despite this the club continues with there year on year price hikes on tickets, food, drink etc

I'm sorry but they are taking the piss now

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does anyone trust anything coming out of the club at the moment? I'm beginning to feel sorry for Andy Naylor being lambasted as he was by fans and board alike at last weeks forum. In hindsight, he's the perfect scapegoat but cannot be to blame for the litter trail of disaster that is our transfer policy in the last 12 months. Christ, I'm worried about my seat still being there next match never mind players!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here