Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Of course - Iraq is a much better place now that all those bombs have been dropped and will be so much better when lots more have been dropped!

Sorry but I don't believe that for one minute - you may believe it to be so, that is your prerogative but I don't think I'm the one being 'silly'.

i said it was a silly thing, not that you were being silly.

i mean the quote is effectively meaningless. there are many behaviours you can repeat and expect different results.

i never said that bombing iraq or syria will have positive results. you are confusing me commenting on your einstein quote, with me having a view on military action against IS. two very different things.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This person was not long ago an innocent child who had his whole life ahead of him.

Something went wrong down the line. I encourage you all to consider what that could be.
I think something along the lines of ''traveling to Syria and fighting in a foreign war instead of taking GCSEs'' would be a good place to start

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You have to see this kid as a victim of a mind controlling cult....an idealistic teen who set out to support (maybe fight for) a cause that was sold to him as a fight for right and justice - even though the Western world can see it differently....

He paid the price for his actions, I am not criticising the air strike , but there is a big difference between him and the cult leaders who are really responsible

Absolutely this. I find it rather unedifying that sections of NSC are glorying in the death of a young, stupid and vulnerable man. Kids at that age are subject to an awful lot of peer pressure. For a white, secular kid this might just be booze and sex but it could lead on to hard drugs, gang fights or thieving. I bet there's a few on here that have had a go at that and then walked away no harm done because they've grown up. For black kids in certain parts of the country it's gangs. Again some emerge wiser and unscathed, some will die or end up in prison and some will become gang leaders.

The pressure a young muslim will face will be completely different. They will eschew the booze and the gangs and think that their religion is protecting them when, all the time, they could be being brainwashed in to committing unspeakable (or stupid, or both) acts in the name of that faith. The man with the perfect beard and Arabic in the video putting on peer pressure just the way a gang leader or drug dealer would.

That's not to say I don't support action against ISIS - I do. But I'll leave my "back of the net" smilies until the war is won, the leaders are wiped out and the jihadi videos stop appearing. Not when a stupid young idiot gets blown to smithereens.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fanatical Muslims have been rampaging across the globe. CENTURIES before western intervention. Some of you jihad apologists, which is what you are, need to educate yourselves.

It's just a shame that the US cannot be trusted. It's fairly obvious they don't care about beheadings but protecting their assets and making money.

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Fanatical Muslims have been rampaging across the globe. CENTURIES before western intervention. Some of you jihad apologists, which is what you are, need to educate yourselves.

It's just a shame that the US cannot be trusted. It's fairly obvious they don't care about beheadings but protecting their assets and making money.

As have imperialistic 'westerners', often enslaving their colonials, but that's okay isn't it......

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As have imperialistic 'westerners', often enslaving their colonials, but that's okay isn't it......

Nope, try and concentrate on what people are posting not making illogical leaps to satisfy your agenda.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Read the first page of this thread.

Then read this.

"It is reported that the 19-year-old is a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, an affiliate group of al-Qaida which has fought against both the forces of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, and Islamic State militants in the country’s civil war."

If he is fighting against IS, shouldn't you all be bemoaning this friendly fire incident and asking if we gave him enough weapons?

Can anyone see how ridiculous our foreign policy is yet?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"We should bomb Vietnam back into the Stone Age "

And so it goes on.

Considering this and your later post, you do realise that some Brighton fans are Muslim? Normal people just like the rest of us - How welcome do you think they'd feel here? Do you think they'd feel a sense of belonging, or see a society that that want to contribute to?

I believe one of our revered former players is, or at least born into a Muslim family.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
“the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Saw the newer version of this online the other day.....sort of sums it up.

There is now a 21st century edited version of that proverb; once again emanating from the land of Arabia but this time will need Aristotle to discern the logic; it goes something like this: “the enemy of my enemy is only my friend until my enemy is overthrown by America, a new government is transitioned and then my enemy of my previous enemy becomes my new enemy along with the new government of my former enemy.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here