Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Read the first page of this thread.

Then read this.

"It is reported that the 19-year-old is a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, an affiliate group of al-Qaida which has fought against both the forces of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, and Islamic State militants in the country’s civil war."

If he is fighting against IS, shouldn't you all be bemoaning this friendly fire incident and asking if we gave him enough weapons?

Can anyone see how ridiculous our foreign policy is yet?

I saw that, and still find it hard to reconcile how our taxes fund a group, but the government rhetoric calls British people who fight for them 'terrorists'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We support the Iraqi Government in the fight against the Islamic state. We don't like IS but IS is supported by Saudi Arabia whom we do like. We don't like President Assad in Syria, we support the fight against him, but not IS which is also fighting against him. We don't like Iran but Iran support the Iraqi government against IS. So some of our friends support our enemies, some of our enemies are our friends and some of our enemies are fighting against our other enemies whom we want to lose, but we don't want our enemies who are fighting our enemies to win.
If the people we want to lose are defeated, they might be replaced by people we like even less and all this was started by us invading a country to drive out terrorists who weren't actually there until we went in to drive them out.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The West pulls out of all Arab lands and looks to other options over oil and accepts that we will lose our standard of living until replacement found.

And there it is. We've gone over there and plundered their natural resources and they're the bad guys. We've been dropping bombs on various parts of the Middle East for over 20 years and they're the bad guys.

This situation is a mess. Anyone who thinks that's down to Muslim fundamentalists exclusively needs their head checking. They could also do with reading something balanced on the causes of the current situation rather than believing the first Islamophobic nonsense they're exposed to.

The West is as much to blame for the rise of ISIS as anything else and until we learn the lessons of generations of failed policy in the Middle East, nothing is going to change.

Short term, bombing ISIS to smithereens may well have some wins. History suggests that long term it is storing up bigger problems.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We support the Iraqi Government in the fight against the Islamic state. We don't like IS but IS is supported by Saudi Arabia whom we do like.

stop there. Saudi dont support ISIS. Saudi supported some Sunni groups in Syria which either merged into or where defeated by ISIS.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
IMO -

Quite simply he felt that his Arab roots were stronger than any British identity he may have felt. This lead to the decision that he wanted to fight with those he considered his true people against the West which includes Britain.

I'm sure most Muslims in this country are horrified with the murder and carnage that this particular group IS are conducting. However, I bet most Muslims do have a problem with the West interfering in their homelands.

Let's face it we try and run they're countries for oil. We need the oil supply and we'd all moan like crap if we couldn't use our cars for just one day ( look at petrol strikes).

Let's just imagine that Spain was the most powerful nation in the world with the most modern military and we weren't even close......

It would be No different for the British now living in Spain to conduct a 'terror campaign' against Spanish mainland, if Spain had flexed it's muscles and put a puppet leader in place in Westminster to secure access to our resources, and also bombed and killed our children etc..

I even expect that if Spanish ground troops were sent to UK, that ex pats would reject their new Spanish identity and fly home to fight against the Spanish.

Only solution is to either accept that we need the oil supply and that immigration doesn't work because of people's loyalty to their original homeland

Or

The West pulls out of all Arab lands and looks to other options over oil and accepts that we will lose our standard of living until replacement found.

Astounding ignorance. You kow arab countries are and have been interfering in the west for over a 1,000 years? Or to be more up to date the saudis/wahibis are funding muslim education in the UK. When the wahibi's started overseas funding/literature it was in Eygypt in the 50's which led to the Muslim brotherhood.

There are so many holes in your post I could write a book! but that will do.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
For the past 1,500 hundred years the west has been at war with ISLAM. The faith is utterly irreconcilable with secularism and always will be.

Its an interesting intellectual exercise to chart the rise of Islam against the rise of social democracy and and he impact of popular movements in non Islamic societies from royalist to communist or from dictatorship to democracy...it's always the same. Islam is NOT a religion in the same way as Christianity or Buddhism. It's a way of life. A political, legal and moral code which absolutely cannot work outside of its own structure.

What I am saying is that beyond the ridiculous image of a bearded man waving his index finger next to his face as he lectures the infidels in his suicide video there is a deeper message. A message which says "there is NOTHING anyone can do or say to us that will convince us to stop. We hate you. You are worthless. We will never allow you to live in peace alongside us. We will only rest when everyone on earth submits to the will of our blood soaked god.

It fills me with dread when I hear another secular "commentator" on the news or during a debate saying "0f course these Jihadis aren't really Muslims" and excusing the religion from rancour every time another charity worker or tourist gets their head hacked off by a balaclava wearing maniac on YouTube. That's like saying its nothing to do with Hitler had nothing to do with an individual SS soldier shooting a Jew or communist...it did. It had EVERYTHING. To do with Hitler and Jihad has EVERYTHING to do with Islam...and we all know it deep down. From Abu Qutada to Lee Rigby.

Islam is responsible and every "moderate" imam can only lie for so long.

So how come Saudi Arabia, Oman and UAE some of the most intolerant muslim societies in the world are backing this action?

Because it is about the security of oil supplies rather than any grand plan to save people from slaughter. We're perfectly happy for the Saudi Royal family to behead who they want.

We (UKPLC) might want to stop bribing the Saudi royal family with taxpayers money as well. Our double standards in the Middle East are horrfyingly hypocritical.

I'm not saying ISIS are in any way defendable but the way we swallow our Government's actions as being altruistic is so unbelievably naive it defies belief. Wake up everyone.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Also, how long ago was it the Americans were considering bombing Iran? Now it's being reported that they are talking out against extremists and encouraging nuclear accords.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29361331

We manipulate and use where we see fit and try and mould an area of the world to suit our needs and then blame them when it all goes wrong. Just try for a second to put yourself in the shoes of these people? Confusing doesn't even begin......

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Then read this.

"It is reported that the 19-year-old is a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, an affiliate group of al-Qaida which has fought against both the forces of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, and Islamic State militants in the country’s civil war."

If he is fighting against IS, shouldn't you all be bemoaning this friendly fire incident and asking if we gave him enough weapons?

The old 'my enemies enemy is my friend' line gets rather contorted here!!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Then read this.

IS want the West to bomb them. It's the biggest rallying call they could have. Do we seriously thing they'd be beheading westerners otherwise. It's an arab muslim problem that arab muslims need to sort out. Perhaps Saudi Arabia could dust off all those weapons we've been selling them for the last 30 years?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
"....... It's an arab muslim problem that arab muslims need to sort out. Perhaps Saudi Arabia could dust off all those weapons we've been selling them for the last 30 years?

The last thing 'we' want is the 'arab thing' sorted out........imagine a unified pan Arabian caliphate with determination in extracting a truely 'market' price for their oil?
:ohmy:
£20 a gallon, anybody?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
IS want the West to bomb them. It's the biggest rallying call they could have. Do we seriously thing they'd be beheading westerners otherwise. It's an arab muslim problem that arab muslims need to sort out. Perhaps Saudi Arabia could dust off all those weapons we've been selling them for the last 30 years?

Too risky. They can't upset their own population too much.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Astounding ignorance. You kow arab countries are and have been interfering in the west for over a 1,000 years? Or to be more up to date the saudis/wahibis are funding muslim education in the UK. When the wahibi's started overseas funding/literature it was in Eygypt in the 50's which led to the Muslim brotherhood.

There are so many holes in your post I could write a book! but that will do.

The 1950's isn't 1,000 years ago though is it! So what are you trying to say?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly it is all the fault of the UK Government for allowing HER son out of the country on a minor's passport! So there you go. That is the sort of logic we are going to hVe to face in the future.

" my son went out to kill people, but it's your fault for not stopping him at the passport gate"

I suppose the next call is to lawyers 4 you to get some sort of compensation!

I know it is sad that a mother has lost her son, although she doesn't appear grief stricken, but you wonder if he had come back, how he would assimilate back into OUR society.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here