Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Presumably he attended a Brighton Mosque. They are getting it from somewhere, and I doubt it's from West Street on a Friday night with all the other Students.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
This person was not long ago an innocent child who had his whole life ahead of him.

Something went wrong down the line. I encourage you all to consider what that could be.

Quite - You're up against it here though, people don't seem to have a concept of cause and effect, only good and bad or black and white. Not defending his actions for a second, but more intelligent people might realise that understanding why these things happen might have a happier ending than just bombing the protagonists...

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Why isn't the mother talking about finding these people who radicalised her kid, so they don't do it to anyone else if she feels that bad about it?

I wonder if this took place in Brighton. If so they need to shut this mosque down. We have welcomed them with open arms and this is our thanks

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
This person was not long ago an innocent child who had his whole life ahead of him.

Something went wrong down the line. I encourage you all to consider what that could be.

IMO -

Quite simply he felt that his Arab roots were stronger than any British identity he may have felt. This lead to the decision that he wanted to fight with those he considered his true people against the West which includes Britain.

I'm sure most Muslims in this country are horrified with the murder and carnage that this particular group IS are conducting. However, I bet most Muslims do have a problem with the West interfering in their homelands.

Let's face it we try and run they're countries for oil. We need the oil supply and we'd all moan like crap if we couldn't use our cars for just one day ( look at petrol strikes).

Let's just imagine that Spain was the most powerful nation in the world with the most modern military and we weren't even close......

It would be No different for the British now living in Spain to conduct a 'terror campaign' against Spanish mainland, if Spain had flexed it's muscles and put a puppet leader in place in Westminster to secure access to our resources, and also bombed and killed our children etc..

I even expect that if Spanish ground troops were sent to UK, that ex pats would reject their new Spanish identity and fly home to fight against the Spanish.

Only solution is to either accept that we need the oil supply and that immigration doesn't work because of people's loyalty to their original homeland

Or

The West pulls out of all Arab lands and looks to other options over oil and accepts that we will lose our standard of living until replacement found.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is reported that the 19-year-old is a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, an affiliate group of al-Qaida which has fought against both the forces of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, and Islamic State militants in the country’s civil war.
Yes, it does appear that he was fighting with the (comparatively) good guys against the really, really bad ones, but he really should have just stayed home and done his homework.

Oh...and WAS a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, not IS.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I'm not excusing his actions at all, he was an idiot and he's paid the price.

Society does need to take responsibility too though. Western nations have bombed no less than 6 Muslim countries in the last 12 years. Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims, and generally the youth of today are disenfranchised and see no meaningful future. It's no surprise to me how so many young Muslim men are so easily radicalised when their identity is despised and they can envision an opportunity to be a part of something significant, albeit evil, like this.

I think it's sad. Not for the bitter, angry man that he became - not even for his parents, who could have possibly done more - but for the innocent, vulnerable child that he was 10 years ago. There are children in schools today that will suffer the same fate if we continue this approach.

Be nice, be tolerant and stop cutting innocent people heads off. Try this and we will start to like you, simples :lolol:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The boy was a misguided fool no doubt and deserved all he got.

However I know moslems who are extremely reasonable and happy to discuss their culture with those who ask about it respectfully. There are others who consider any question racist.

I believe the moslem faith and koran is based on peace and is being abused by a few extremists. A bit like some sections of religions based on the bible (both books).

For the past 1,500 hundred years the west has been at war with ISLAM. The faith is utterly irreconcilable with secularism and always will be.

Its an interesting intellectual exercise to chart the rise of Islam against the rise of social democracy and and he impact of popular movements in non Islamic societies from royalist to communist or from dictatorship to democracy...it's always the same. Islam is NOT a religion in the same way as Christianity or Buddhism. It's a way of life. A political, legal and moral code which absolutely cannot work outside of its own structure.

What I am saying is that beyond the ridiculous image of a bearded man waving his index finger next to his face as he lectures the infidels in his suicide video there is a deeper message. A message which says "there is NOTHING anyone can do or say to us that will convince us to stop. We hate you. You are worthless. We will never allow you to live in peace alongside us. We will only rest when everyone on earth submits to the will of our blood soaked god.

It fills me with dread when I hear another secular "commentator" on the news or during a debate saying "0f course these Jihadis aren't really Muslims" and excusing the religion from rancour every time another charity worker or tourist gets their head hacked off by a balaclava wearing maniac on YouTube. That's like saying its nothing to do with Hitler had nothing to do with an individual SS soldier shooting a Jew or communist...it did. It had EVERYTHING. To do with Hitler and Jihad has EVERYTHING to do with Islam...and we all know it deep down. From Abu Qutada to Lee Rigby.

Islam is responsible and every "moderate" imam can only lie for so long.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Society does need to take responsibility too though. Western nations have bombed no less than 6 Muslim countries in the last 12 years. Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims, and generally the youth of today are disenfranchised and see no meaningful future. It's no surprise to me how so many young Muslim men are so easily radicalised when their identity is despised and they can envision an opportunity to be a part of something significant, albeit evil, like this.

I think it's sad. Not for the bitter, angry man that he became - not even for his parents, who could have possibly done more - but for the innocent, vulnerable child that he was 10 years ago. There are children in schools today that will suffer the same fate if we continue this approach.

How many extremist gay people do you see being blown to Kingdom come because their identity is despised by a small population of society?!?!

I could have phrased that better. :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For the past 1,500 hundred years the west has been at war with ISLAM. The faith is utterly irreconcilable with secularism and always will be.

Its an interesting intellectual exercise to chart the rise of Islam against the rise of social democracy and and he impact of popular movements in non Islamic societies from royalist to communist or from dictatorship to democracy...it's always the same. Islam is NOT a religion in the same way as Christianity or Buddhism. It's a way of life. A political, legal and moral code which absolutely cannot work outside of its own structure.

What I am saying is that beyond the ridiculous image of a bearded man waving his index finger next to his face as he lectures the infidels in his suicide video there is a deeper message. A message which says "there is NOTHING anyone can do or say to us that will convince us to stop. We hate you. You are worthless. We will never allow you to live in peace alongside us. We will only rest when everyone on earth submits to the will of our blood soaked god.

It fills me with dread when I hear another secular "commentator" on the news or during a debate saying "0f course these Jihadis aren't really Muslims" and excusing the religion from rancour every time another charity worker or tourist gets their head hacked off by a balaclava wearing maniac on YouTube. That's like saying its nothing to do with Hitler had nothing to do with an individual SS soldier shooting a Jew or communist...it did. It had EVERYTHING. To do with Hitler and Jihad has EVERYTHING to do with Islam...and we all know it deep down. From Abu Qutada to Lee Rigby.

Islam is responsible and every "moderate" imam can only lie for so long.

Oh good. A late night outbreak of Godwin's law.

Buddhism is completely a way of life for those who follow it strictly. Same for Hinduism. Perhaps their texts and tenets are just a little less violent than Islamic ones.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I was an innocent, vulnerable child 15 years ago... Maybe we should make believing in religion a crime..?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
May he rest in pieces

i know you shouldn't speak ill of the dead but :lolol:

i am really struggling to fathom the mentality of someone who sees their son off to jihad and then demands answer when they are dispatched from this earth..............i am seriously considering reading their book just to get a grasp but i haven't read "our" book because i just ain't that BOVVERED.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
IMO -

Quite simply he felt that his Arab roots were stronger than any British identity he may have felt. This lead to the decision that he wanted to fight with those he considered his true people against the West which includes Britain.

I'm sure most Muslims in this country are horrified with the murder and carnage that this particular group IS are conducting. However, I bet most Muslims do have a problem with the West interfering in their homelands.

Let's face it we try and run they're countries for oil. We need the oil supply and we'd all moan like crap if we couldn't use our cars for just one day ( look at petrol strikes).

Let's just imagine that Spain was the most powerful nation in the world with the most modern military and we weren't even close......

It would be No different for the British now living in Spain to conduct a 'terror campaign' against Spanish mainland, if Spain had flexed it's muscles and put a puppet leader in place in Westminster to secure access to our resources, and also bombed and killed our children etc..

I even expect that if Spanish ground troops were sent to UK, that ex pats would reject their new Spanish identity and fly home to fight against the Spanish.

Only solution is to either accept that we need the oil supply and that immigration doesn't work because of people's loyalty to their original homeland

Or

The West pulls out of all Arab lands and looks to other options over oil and accepts that we will lose our standard of living until replacement found.

Equally, they need the money we pay for their oil?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Agree how did this young man become radicalised and was it in Brighton

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I never thought it would happen but I agree with Ernest!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

He had a choice, we all have choices, he made the wrong one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here