Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton JIHADI killed by US bombers in Syria

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
as an aside how are all these asylum seekers speaking such good english?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This person was not long ago an innocent child who had his whole life ahead of him.

Something went wrong down the line. I encourage you all to consider what that could be.

I think must of us know it to be fair. Sadly he was radicalised by his elders who have an evil agenda. He was just one of the foot soldiers.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This person was not long ago an innocent child who had his whole life ahead of him.

Something went wrong down the line. I encourage you all to consider what that could be.

Yes. What could have made a young man from the most fantastic city in the United Kingdom want to go and get his intestines blown out through his ******** in a miserable desert surrounded by finger pointing beards.

Allah Akhbar!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

Ah here we go, NSC's own voice of reason. Blame everyone but the pricks who knew what they were doing in the first place.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
As it happens, the mother appeared to be relatively sensible and blamed those that encouraged her son to turn to extremism, rather than the west.

She would say that though to be fair. She's hardly likely to throw her yashmak down the Kharzi on national television and shout that her entire religion is a facking disgrace which would be more fitting.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It is reported that the 19-year-old is a member of Jabhat al-Nusra, an affiliate group of al-Qaida which has fought against both the forces of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad, and Islamic State militants in the country’s civil war.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I'm not excusing his actions at all, he was an idiot and he's paid the price.

Society does need to take responsibility too though. Western nations have bombed no less than 6 Muslim countries in the last 12 years. Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims, and generally the youth of today are disenfranchised and see no meaningful future. It's no surprise to me how so many young Muslim men are so easily radicalised when their identity is despised and they can envision an opportunity to be a part of something significant, albeit evil, like this.

I think it's sad. Not for the bitter, angry man that he became - not even for his parents, who could have possibly done more - but for the innocent, vulnerable child that he was 10 years ago. There are children in schools today that will suffer the same fate if we continue this approach.

Well, for what it's worth, I think that at the current trajectory in a few years Islam will be responsible for forcing the tolerant west to stop allowing all migration to its shores from their medieval homelands and they can sit glowering at us from over there in their shitholes. And their "brothers" already here can piss off as well if they don't sort their shit out pdq.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm not excusing his actions at all, he was an idiot and he's paid the price.

Society does need to take responsibility too though. Western nations have bombed no less than 6 Muslim countries in the last 12 years. Islamophobia is rife, even on a modest & tolerant website like NSC there is constant denunciation of Muslims, and generally the youth of today are disenfranchised and see no meaningful future. It's no surprise to me how so many young Muslim men are so easily radicalised when their identity is despised and they can envision an opportunity to be a part of something significant, albeit evil, like this.

what a load of guff. you're not excusing it maybe but you are trying to deflect blame and responsibility. the only people responsible for this are the lad and those preacher that taught him that this course of action was good for him. there are dozens of disaffected, disenfranchised groups that face intolerance, abuse, prejudices, but i dont see them "radicalised" in this way. this is squarely the responsibility of those religious leaders that promote the beliefs and those in the surrounding community that tolerate it. dont blame a society that allows people the freedom to pretty much do as they please.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Bombing really works doesn't it - must be a perfect world by now in the Middle East!

einstein.jpg

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
The boy was a misguided fool no doubt and deserved all he got.

However I know moslems who are extremely reasonable and happy to discuss their culture with those who ask about it respectfully. There are others who consider any question racist.

I believe the moslem faith and koran is based on peace and is being abused by a few extremists. A bit like some sections of religions based on the bible (both books).

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I think the more important issue is to try and work out why someone from the UK turns against the UK or the West so to speak.

Is he or his nearest and dearest from the UK?

There are some very bad individuals within the UK that are perhaps influencing the issue, should this be legal or should these types of organisations be prosecuted ?

Agree, no and yes!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Bombing really works doesn't it - must be a perfect world by now in the Middle East!

View attachment 58939

Agreed. Surely a better value option would be one very large bomb,big enough to wipe out all of the buggers, rather than millions of little ones which requires an awful lot of logistical to-ing and fro-ing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

that all depends on your immediate and strategic objectives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here