Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Very interesting that Naylor does not deny or rule out that Reading are after him on loan.

???

Not really - he says it’s dependent on where Albion finish window in terms of striker numbers. Which at the moment isn’t certain

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we don't have Maupay available, we have the new signing Connelly that everyone keeps talking about.

Or Connolly who came on against Watford and looked full of running and just needs a goal to get him started.

Actually, I agree with you and would like to see Swiss Andy start. Unlikely though :)

Yes,, that Connelly would get at least 25 goals this season if only GP wasn't blind to his ability! :wink::thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm done with Connolly. If anyone need to go out on loan it's him.

I’d rather Connolly goes on loan than Swiss Andy.

I really want Aaron to come good, but it just seems so obvious he needs a season in the Championship (or similar) to develop him. It just seems too big an ask to expect him to both grow his potential AND perform now in the PL. We developed Ben White that way, and I think it would be the better course for AC.

Anyway, we just need to complete the rumoured sale of Maupay to Everton, loan out Swiss Andy and then it’s all good - Connolly, DJ Strollabout and Welbeck will see us through…

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It seems that Potter and Ashworth want to keep Connolly here under beady eyed surveillance.

It is a good point that if he goes off the rails while on loan it would be a disaster.

You need to update your signature

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ZEQIRI JOINS BUNDESLIGA SIDE FC AUGSBURG

Striker Andi Zeqiri will spend the season with FC Augsburg in Germany.

The 22-year-old Swiss international completed a loan move to the Bavarian Bundesliga side earlier today, which is subject to international clearance.

Head coach Graham Potter commented, “Andi is another of our young players hungry to play, and for him he also wants to play as a number nine, which we all feel is really key for his development.

“He’s an adaptable player and a really good professional, very hard working and is willing to do that for the team, but this will give him an opportunity to play in what is his best position and at the very top level of German football.

“It’s a great move for Andi, and we will be keeping a close eye on Andi’s progress this season.”

Zeqiri, who was called up to Switzerland’s senior squad this week, joined Albion in October 2020 from Super League side Lausanne-Sport, putting pen-to-paper on a four-year deal.

That followed a prolific campaign in his homeland, scoring 22 goals in 37 appearances in all competitions, as Lausanne were promoted to the Swiss top-flight.

Having joined his hometown club in 2011, he made his first team debut a month before his 16th birthday. A loan move to Juventus' B Team followed, before returning to Lausanne and establishing himself as a regular in the first team.

With over 100 career appearances to his name, Zeqiri has represented Switzerland through the youth ranks from under-15 up to under-21 level.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So our striker options are currently Maupay, Welbeck and Connolly - I've seen paddling pools with greater depth.

There's got to be someone coming in...right?

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Ridiculous, even if we are bringing someone else in. Like what I've seen of Zeqiri so far, better than Connolly IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So our striker options are currently Maupay, Welbeck and Connolly - I've seen paddling pools with greater depth.

Paul Barber has the hosepipe and he's not afraid to use it*.

* Unless a hosepipe ban is introduced

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great deal, gets to play at a very high level and hopefully he'll get a lot of game time and can develop a lot.

Big Jurg!

... or not.

Probably means someone is coming in, yes.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm on my knees praying for a new striker now... Sima no good if he's going straight out on loan again.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Emmerson and Ferguson must be ready for the step up then?

It's a shoe-in that we have a new striker lined up.

In Uncle Tony we trust!

TNBA

TTF

I understand that Ben Roberts is putting Ferguson through his paces as we speak

original.gif

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Fantastic opportunity for him, we were unlikely to be relying on him for goals this season and the loan gets him game time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here