Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

Graham Entwhistle

Sep 24, 2013
Saving the children
I think he's got potential to be a regular goal scorer in a Top 5 European league, at 23 his best years are yet to come. A commodity that's not to be sniffed at, but we do have a fair bit of competition at centre forward. He would be behind Ferguson, Welbeck, Enciso, Pedro and Undav next season. So it probably suits both parties for him to move on permanently, but I wonder if he one we'll look back on in a few years time and regret letting go, especially if it's for a low fee.

A low-ish fee, loaded with add-on's and a hefty sell-on fee I am reliably informed is being worked on. As we know, nothing is ever done until it is signed.

All the best, Graham

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
100% this. Undav gets a lot of very unfair stick. His hold-up play is actually pretty good, and it's his first season in an elite league. It's almost as if quite a few players need a bedding-in period. I don't recall MacAllister being brilliant from Day One
Undav is a really good finisher let’s face it Lineker was crap at everything else apart from finding space and scoring.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He certainly wasn't crap when he got a rare chance for us and often out of position.
Also knows how to bang them home in Europe. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance next season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Undav is a really good finisher let’s face it Lineker was crap at everything else apart from finding space and scoring.
Indeed. Mad that for so many years people said we were crying out for someone who could finish, and now we are saying just being able to finish isn't enough.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Indeed. Mad that for so many years people said we were crying out for someone who could finish, and now we are saying just being able to finish isn't enough.
Problem is with Potter we wanted someone to finish the chances we so often missed, under RDZ it’s important a front man can link play up in quick fashion, obviously different players but one thing I noted throughout the season was how much Ferguson improved his quick lay offs and hold up play.

Undav is a useful player to have about, don’t think he will ever be a top top quality striker tho, we may not need one though with Fergusons emergence.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Problem is with Potter we wanted someone to finish the chances we so often missed, under RDZ it’s important a front man can link play up in quick fashion, obviously different players but one thing I noted throughout the season was how much Ferguson improved his quick lay offs and hold up play.

Undav is a useful player to have about, don’t think he will ever be a top top quality striker tho, we may not need one though with Fergusons emergence.
The problem is that any 'top top quality striker' is not going to hang around paying for us for very long! We need people like Undav.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Worth bearing in mind that while he may not be rated by some, he does have European experience which is something lacking in our squad, and certainly among the younger members of the squad. That has to count for something.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A transfer along the lines stated makes sense now. A fringe player for us when battling relegation is unlikely to get many minutes for us now we are a ‘top 10’ team.
Add ons and sell ons protect our position.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
hasnt cut it bundesliga or chances with us. Done alright at a much lower level. Not good enough for our current level IMO

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Worth bearing in mind that while he may not be rated by some, he does have European experience which is something lacking in our squad, and certainly among the younger members of the squad. That has to count for something.
He was a fringe player when we weren't as good as we are now. We do need to have deeper squad depth to compete in Europe, but ultimately we can't keep everyone, even players we quite like. It's a ruthless game - if we get a reasonable fee from Sunderland, that looks like a good move all round.
Good luck to him if he goes there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He seems to have a good attitude and will have a decent career, but I can't see it being with us.
Sima is the striker we have out on loan that I think may come into the squad, but probably would be better for him to have a half season loan somewhere he will get more game time, if we are still in cup competitions second half of the season he could be useful.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He seems to have a good attitude and will have a decent career, but I can't see it being with us.
Sima is the striker we have out on loan that I think may come into the squad, but probably would be better for him to have a half season loan somewhere he will get more game time, if we are still in cup competitions second half of the season he could be useful.
As a striker, he hasn't exactly set Ligue 1 alight, has he? 4 goals in 30 doesn't suggest he's going to wow the PL.

Unfinished business at Stoke, perhaps? :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
See Zeqiri posted to his Instagram from Brighton yesterday. Back for pre-season?

IMG_7841.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here