Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I felt he had something about him. Unsurprisingly Potter played him out of position so perhaps he'll do ok in pre season and have a chance with us.

Lots of competition so likely another loan or sold on.
Remember when he was played as a left wing back?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He came in and did well in the short time he was playing in position, but then looked like he had no idea how to play wing back. Unsurprisingly.

He'll have a decent career as a striker. Hope RDZ gets a good look at him

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He's posted a message on Instagram along the lines of "goodbye FC Basel" so seems like he'll be back with us for pre-season. I wonder what RdZ will make of him?

Not necessarily. Basel want to sign him but can't afford the pre-agreed option price we negotiated last summer.

I think it's pretty likely he'll be sold, whether to Basel or elsewhere.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
By most reports he had a good loan spell, but they stopped playing him so that it didn’t trigger the automatic purchase clause after a certain number of appearances because he was too expensive.

By that measure, we should be able to find him another club surely, and bank a few million in the process.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's got something about him and could make an impression, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him given a chance early in pre-season to see what he's about.

Unless he wants to leave and go get gametime, ala Viktor Gyokeres.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's posted a message on Instagram along the lines of "goodbye FC Basel" so seems like he'll be back with us for pre-season. I wonder what RdZ will make of him?

My mate's RDZ and he reckons he's SHITEHOUSE!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Apparently Sunderland are in for him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would personally like to see if he can play better overall than Undav for that 4th in line for 2 central, forward positions. Hard to replicate Undav’s goals, but should be able to do everything else better. At least would ask a question.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would personally like to see if he can play better overall than Undav for that 4th in line for 2 central, forward positions. Hard to replicate Undav’s goals, but should be able to do everything else better. At least would ask a question.
You seem to have a real downer on Undav.

I really rate him, not as much as Ferguson, but as you say he is lethal, and I think his link up is actually very good. If he stays around, I wonder if he’ll kick on a bit. Great hold-up play as well.

Stumpy Tim

You seem to have a real downer on Undav.

I really rate him, not as much as Ferguson, but as you say he is lethal, and I think his link up is actually very good. If he stays around, I wonder if he’ll kick on a bit. Great hold-up play as well.
100% this. Undav gets a lot of very unfair stick. His hold-up play is actually pretty good, and it's his first season in an elite league. It's almost as if quite a few players need a bedding-in period. I don't recall MacAllister being brilliant from Day One

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
100% this. Undav gets a lot of very unfair stick. His hold-up play is actually pretty good, and it's his first season in an elite league. It's almost as if quite a few players need a bedding-in period. I don't recall MacAllister being brilliant from Day One
I think Undav just wasn't clicking with the team at first so looked very disjointed with his play.

Towards the end of the season his link up was improving massively, as we're his runs in behind.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s nowhere near good enough for where we are as a club now.
Not as good as Undav.
And I’m not even going to entertain a comparison with Ferguson.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I think he's got potential to be a regular goal scorer in a Top 5 European league, at 23 his best years are yet to come. A commodity that's not to be sniffed at, but we do have a fair bit of competition at centre forward. He would be behind Ferguson, Welbeck, Enciso, Pedro and Undav next season. So it probably suits both parties for him to move on permanently, but I wonder if he one we'll look back on in a few years time and regret letting go, especially if it's for a low fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here