[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s because Calleri is coming in! I just know it! #holdthenerve

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Needs a season or two like Maupay, Toney & Armstrong have had, of bagging-up big time in a top 10 Euro league. Seems like a great development loan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great deal, gets to play at a very high level and hopefully he'll get a lot of game time and can develop a lot.

Big Jurg!

... or not.

Probably means someone is coming in, yes.

Even the Argus have forgotten about Big Jürg - “Zeqiri's loan leaves Albion with just three recognised senior strikers at the club in Neal Maupay, Danny Welbeck and Aaron Connolly.”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely we would have been better off loaning him to a championship team ?

Probably no takers offering a chance for him to get game time I guess

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Only a good move if he starts regularly. Otherwise what is the point?

Astonishing that we've let another forward player depart without any replacement coming in. I can't believe we're happy with what we've got, it wasn't good enough last season, and it most certainly isn't good enough this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only a good move if he starts regularly. Otherwise what is the point?

Astonishing that we've let another forward player depart without any replacement coming in. I can't believe we're happy with what we've got, it wasn't good enough last season, and it most certainly isn't good enough this season.

As you might have noticed there is still some time before the window closes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely we would have been better off loaning him to a championship team ?

With every single pundit and news outlet in the land continually broadcasting the mantra "Brighton - a good team but can't score goals!" - how many Championship clubs would want a reserve striker form Brighton!
Surprised Andi is off on loan though, especially abroad - going out on loan abroad seems like going out and not coming back.Would still have preferred Connolly to have gone out - within the UK - to score a hatful and come back rejuvenated, comfident in front of goal and - dare I suggest more adult - but I guess I have to be reconciled to that not happening now.
Will be very disappointed if his replacement turns out to be that one-footed wonder from Celtic though!

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ridiculous, even if we are bringing someone else in. Like what I've seen of Zeqiri so far, better than Connolly IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Personally I would have fancied either Zeqiri or Andone over AC.....but shirley there must be something incoming for this to happen??

Good move for Zeqiri, will watch with interest. Top lad

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With every single pundit and news outlet in the land continually broadcasting the mantra "Brighton - a good team but can't score goals!" - how many Championship clubs would want a reserve striker form Brighton!
Surprised Andi is off on loan though, especially abroad - going out on loan abroad seems like going out and not coming back.Would still have preferred Connolly to have gone out - within the UK - to score a hatful and come back rejuvenated, comfident in front of goal and - dare I suggest more adult - but I guess I have to be reconciled to that not happening now.
Will be very disappointed if his replacement turns out to be that one-footed wonder from Celtic though!

Its not like he is going to the Bulgarian third division. He is going to a better league than the Championship.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
We are loaning our whole team away with only Mwepu in. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I seem to remember universal belief that a striker must be incoming at the same point in 19/20 - in the end we had Murray/Connolly/Maupay after the window slammed shut.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Buy..loan…sell

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are loaning our whole team away with only Mwepu in. Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet more piss poor management from the club. When are we going to start behaving like a Premier League side?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very strange. So much better than Connolly. Was looking forward to him getting a chance. There must be someone coming in. Cant go into season with same 3.
Begining to think what is the point in getting these young players from abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here