[Albion] Zeqiri *Season-long loan to FC Augsburg*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Scored 2 in 5 so far so not too shabby. Liked the lad, hope he does well and comes back a better player. Still feel he should be on the bench instead of Connolly but he is getting more game time there.

From 1:08

From 0:41

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
herecomesaregular;100493 68 said:
Scored 2 in 5 so far so not too shabby. Liked the lad, hope he does well and comes back a better player. Still feel he should be on the bench instead of Connolly but he is getting more game time there.

Good to see him play and do well, a good loan move. Seeing as they appear to be a little bit shit I guess we could except him to keep playing. Sure possibly he would be useful on the Brighton bench but he is going to learn a lot more from playing a lot of top level football each week.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
herecomesaregular;100493 68 said:

Thanks for posting. It's worth looking at Zeqiri's movement in the run-up to both goals: encouraging.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The goal against Dortmund was well taken too. Good instinct being in the right place to pounce on the rebound.

If it was Brighton, I'd half expect to to be blazed over the bar.[/QUOTE]

Get him back here and we will soon coach that in to him :)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The goal against Dortmund was well taken too. Good instinct being in the right place to pounce on the rebound.

If it was Brighton, I'd half expect to to be blazed over the bar.[/QUOTE]

Get him back here and we will soon coach that in to him :)

That's the trouble isn't it? They go out on loan and pick up bad habits like finding the net. Get him back for a couple of weeks R&R. Re-alignment and Re-Conditioning.

TNBA

TTF

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In the Swiss squad again for the first time in a while. With Seferovic injured it is not impossible he will get a bit of time on the pitch. Good luck Andi!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

A shot saved first half and involved in the breakaway then an assist for the 4th. (he's #21).

He doesn't feature in any highlights of the previous cup game 2-2, was booked and sub-ed.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Zeqiri starts against Bayern Munich. Gets an assist for the first goal. 2-0 Augsburg. Nope 2-1 after 38 mins.
Not his assist, more of a clearance by a defender. But he won the ball nicely and got the hockey-assist for the second foal though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Theyve just signed a striker from mls for 20m USD so game time going to take a big hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should call him back if loan conditions allow.

If another loan is decided then one in English football.

Personally i'd have him around if we're shipping out Connolly

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We should call him back if loan conditions allow.

If another loan is decided then one in English football.

Personally i'd have him around if we're shipping out Connolly
This season Zeqiri has played ( and scored! ) for us in the Carabao Cup vs Cardiff, as well as for Augsburg.

He's at his "2 clubs in a season" limit so no other loan is possible.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do think that with Connolly going out and if there is no striker incoming, recalling Swiss Andi makes sense if possible. I actually think he offers more than Connolly (at this moment).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports