Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pretty much all that was told back in OCTOBER 2012. The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

All the Palace fans came on the thread saying it will never happen. Hmmmm.

"The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly."

Last edited:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Pretty much all that was told back in October 2012. The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly.

so what would the BOLTON manager know about Crystal Palace selling a player? If you are going to make stuff up, at least make sure that the correct names etc are used. This is all stuff you hope would happen, sorry but you're going to be disappointed again

Last edited by a moderator:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Pretty much all that was told back in October 2012.The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly."

It was going so well untill you mentioned freedman .

Last edited by a moderator:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
dont listen to your board mate, you need the cash and quick. you will sell for £8m and then wont re-invest in the team as you need to pay off some debts.....and thats a fact.

Debts? Don't be silly Palace already wiped out £28 mill 2.5 years ago and the Palace structure was left intact and with debts to HMRC they have a public subsidy paid for by you and I. The bankrupt window cleaner already went bust and is working at Croydon Tesco's. The Eagles are legal but sorry they are cheats

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

but what he says is so true. Its actually general knowledge now that they need maoney and money fast, the owners are not putting in anymore of there money. and again, that is fact

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Debts? Don't be silly Palace already wiped out £28 mill 2.5 years ago and the Palace structure was left intact and with debts to HMRC they have a public subsidy paid for by you and I. The bankrupt window cleaner already went bust and is working at Croydon Tesco's. The Eagles are legal but sorry they are cheats

they still have some serious debts to pay.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
so what would the BOLTON manager know about Crystal Palace selling a player? If you are going to make stuff up, at least make sure that the correct names etc are used. This is all stuff you hope would happen, sorry but you're going to be disappointed again

I was quoted my post in October. Fool.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Bitter ill informed weed.

Bitter? Why the f*** would I be bitter, it does appear that I am more informed than you are. I would let you into a little secret abut one of your board that flys to most away games and that happens to be a good Business Associate of my company, but I wont as I cant be arsed as nowt to do with me and my life of riley in a beautiful new stadium with a chairman that cares about the club and is willing to invest in the right places, but if you wanna carry on being blind to the truth about your club, then please do me ole mucker, I dont give two fcuks.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Ooooops. Reading is not either of your strong points I see

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Unless I'm missing something this will have been generated in the past 2.5 years. Another example of football living beyond its means.....

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Unless I'm missing something this will have been generated in the past 2.5 years. Another example of football living beyond its means.....

it does not take long, look at there gates for the last 2 years, very low/poor, wages far outway the income that the club generates and the board are not putting in the funds that they promised as they were shocked at the state of the club and football in general. They cant sell as no one will buy them, so they need to sell players to bring much needed funds in.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

No palace dont have any debts to pay, they might have running costs as all clubs do but no debts...

As another poster stated all debts were wiped out 2 years ago Tax and VAT were paid last year so only running cost outstanding (if that), I would think ALL clubs in the championship run at a loss, even BHA.

it does not take long, look at there gates for the last 2 years, very low/poor, wages far outway the income that the club generates and the board are not putting in the funds that they promised as they were shocked at the state of the club and football in general. They cant sell as no one will buy them, so they need to sell players to bring much needed funds in.

They are losing 5 million a season, which at present is being made up out of the co-chairmans pockets. The fat one has posted on BBS that this simply cannot go on.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Bitter? Why the f*** would I be bitter, it does appear that I am more informed than you are. I would let you into a little secret abut one of your board that flys to most away games and that happens to be a good Business Associate of my company, but I wont as I cant be arsed as nowt to do with me and my life of riley in a beautiful new stadium with a chairman that cares about the club and is willing to invest in the right places, but if you wanna carry on being blind to the truth about your club, then please do me ole mucker, I dont give two fcuks.
yeah funny how brighton fans all 'know' a member of our board or they have a friend who is 'close' to one of the board members

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here