[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
What about Dougie's homophobic signature on the BBS?

Homophobia is the same as racist in my eyes and this is from a man with a Muslim step dad, from the age of 7, from Mauritius, and a Daughter that is bisexual.

For Dougie to come on here and be upset about the racist abuse aimed at Wilf, then carry on having his homophobic signature on BBS, is some what ironic.

Still no explanation about it which says he knows it's homophobic and doesn't want to be challenged on it. I bet his parents are proud.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

Homophobia is the same as racist in my eyes and this is from a man with a Muslim step dad, from the age of 7, from Mauritius, and a Daughter that is bisexual.

For Dougie to come on here and be upset about the racist abuse aimed at Wilf, then carry on having his homophobic signature on BBS, is some what ironic.

Still no explanation about it which says he knows it's homophobic and doesn't want to be challenged on it. I bet his parents are proud.
He's also added a sausage related signature on here just for good measure.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, let's hope that no one ever gets you on a jury.

But, again, [MENTION=3495]SE25[/MENTION] didn't mention race in his post. He deliberately (and snidely) worded it so it included any abuse of Wilf whatsoever.

Zaha doesn't get racially abused at Brighton (bar an odd couple of brain doners who try to start a song about malaria, and they always get told to shut it). He gets abused because he's a tearful cheat (and also a Palace player who gets the rivalry).

I would also add that I once joined the Peterborough forum prior to attending a Brighton game up there, and I once joined a Shrewsbury forum for the same reason. I read but didn't post (seemed to me to be a bit rude to do so).

The idea of looking at, let alone joining a Palace forum, and then posting snide messages, is complete anathema. Perhaps because I'm not 16, or a prat :shrug:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Don’t know - what does it say? Never look at the BBS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would also add that I once joined the Peterborough forum prior to attending a Brighton game up there, and I once joined a Shrewsbury forum for the same reason. I read but didn't post (seemed to me to be a bit rude to do so).

The idea of looking at, let alone joining a Palace forum, and then posting snide messages, is complete anathema. Perhaps because I'm not 16, or a prat :shrug:

Loz is normally ok and (whisper it) I quite like [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION]

But the rest would struggle to make a half-wit between them.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Loz is normally ok and (whisper it) I quite like [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION]

I only comment on palace, music or Covid threads… I live in Sussex and spend quite a bit of time in Brighton going to gigs, my son lives in Hove ( actually) and I watch Sussex cc.

It’s only my choice of football team that is the wedge.

Anyway now Zaha has got real competition for his place and was even dropped to the bench last game, he really upped his game yesterday which was great to see.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I concur about [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION], I've had a bit of banter with them a while back.
Most disconcerting was whilst I was on holiday in Christchurch a few years ago, stalking not the word :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I concur about [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION], I've had a bit of banter with them a while back.
Most disconcerting was whilst I was on holiday in Christchurch a few years ago, stalking not the word :lolol:

Ye he’s ok…..erm was he wearing a Mr Putdown t shirt at the time, which is how u recognised him

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’ve never said that unfounded accusations against anyone are justifiable.

However when it comes to harm accusations against an individual and racist insults are not comparable.

You can certainly compare what it does to the individuals but racism harms not only the individual but society in general.

Why wouldnt it be comparable?

Two months ago I went to my usual pub where I used to go twice a week any time I was living in my home city. A bloke I have almost a lifelong mutual hatred of appeared one night and spread the rumour to everyone that I was a rapist. I'm permanently banned from the pub that was my second home. I've lost maybe ten friends. Any time I go out by night I bring a knife with me because I dont know if my old AFA aquintances are going to jump me if they see me. People I used to know look at me as if I was the devil. I havent done nothing, no girl has accused me of it either, but it was enough with just this bloke saying it for people to believe it. And it's had massive impact on my life in recent months.

I'm not saying racism is any better, but if you are attacked by racists at least you can say "being a racist is wrong" and the vast majority will agree with you. Saying "accusing someone of rape is wrong" is a lot more difficult.

Its a pain in the ass and I dont think you understand it until people who used to be your friends now believe you are a rapist and you have no ****ing way to rebut it.

Also disagree its not harmful for society. Using rape accusations as a weapon might cause problems when it comes to catching the real rapists and taking accusations seriously in general.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Why wouldnt it be comparable?

Two months ago I went to my usual pub, Smålands, where I used to go twice a week any time I was living in my home city. A bloke I have almost a lifelong mutual hatred of appeared one night and spread the rumour to everyone that I was a rapist. I'm permanently banned from the pub that was my second home. I've lost maybe ten friends. Any time I go out by night I bring a knife with me because I dont know if my old AFA aquintances are going to jump me if they see me. People I used to know look at me as if I was the devil. I havent done nothing, no girl has accused me of it either, but it was enough with just this bloke saying it for people to believe it. And it's had massive impact on my life in recent months.

I'm not saying racism is any better, but if you are attacked by racists at least you can say "being a racist is wrong" and the vast majority will agree with you. Saying "accusing someone of rape is wrong" is a lot more difficult.

Its a pain in the ass and I dont think you understand it until people who used to be your friends now believe you are a rapist and you have no ****ing way to rebut it.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

-Carrying a knife?
- And you think that's OK (and would therefore think of using one)
- No idea what AFA is but the fact you associate with people who will jump you shows as much about you as them.
-That your 'friends' believe a rumour again shows what kind of friends you have
-You have a 'life long hatred' of someone and casually throw that out like it's normal.

And I can't be bothered to go on

All these show me the kind of person you are tbh.

I know you'll come back with all kinds of arguments why this is all right, but carrying a knife and so on IS NOT NORMAL.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There are so many things wrong with this post.

-Carrying a knife?
- And you think that's OK (and would therefore think of using one)
- No idea what AFA is but the fact you associate with people who will jump you shows as much about you as them.
-That your 'friends' believe a rumour again shows what kind of friends you have
-You have a 'life long hatred' of someone and casually throw that out like it's normal.

And I can't be bothered to go on

All these show me the kind of person you are tbh.

I know you'll come back with all kinds of arguments why this is all right, but carrying a knife and so on IS NOT NORMAL.

Normal is a luxuary.

I have no urge to argue on those things other than saying that you dont know me. My point is that being labeled a rapist is not a funny game and Crystal Palace could shove their chants somewhere.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I use the same level of thought towards Dougie on here. You don't know how he really feels when people insult him just because he is defending or promoting Palace.

When you say "just because he is defending or promoting Palace" do you actually mean "just because he has a homophobic signature on bbs"?

Nobody would go on a rival's forum and spout the nonsense that palace do on here and expect not to get grief surely?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What is a SEGW ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports