Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Be lucky if anyone offers 20m for him now

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s 30 this season right ? Any ‘big’ move for him is gone. Newcastle maybe ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Back in the depths of this thread,it was pointed out the reason Mr Tumble was never worth £120 million was his attitude.

I hate to say it, but, when he wanted to, he was unplayable, a very good player. But, he was always able to be wound up, and could be enticed into skirmishes on the pitch with opposing players, Ward-Prowse, for example, loves to wind him up, Sanchez at Spurs is another along with Tanganga. Our whole club is another, he’s our pantomime villain and he plays the part very well.

If he had the temperament of Aguerro or Sterling, and punished his opponents with football rather than petulance he could have been one of the Premier Leagues best ever players.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So easy to coax him into arguments on the pitch where he inevitably loses his head. Very enjoyable to watch. Pretty much every team has worked this out now.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Back in the depths of this thread,it was pointed out the reason Mr Tumble was never worth £120 million was his attitude.

I hate to say it, but, when he wanted to, he was unplayable, a very good player. But, he was always able to be wound up, and could be enticed into skirmishes on the pitch with opposing players, Ward-Prowse, for example, loves to wind him up, Sanchez at Spurs is another along with Tanganga. Our whole club is another, he’s our pantomime villain and he plays the part very well.

If he had the temperament of Aguerro or Sterling, and punished his opponents with football rather than petulance he could have been one of the Premier Leagues best ever players.

Schelletto from the touchline was the best!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Can anyone think of a bigger prat in the EFL than Dibley? That's his transfer blocker, right there

Beaky should have swallowed the ManUre sell on, that he sanctioned anyway, and let him go. History would have repeated itself and they'd resigned him at a bargain price again soon enough.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Had a brief look through a couple of pages on the spurs match thread on the holmesdale forum - comments include:

"Zaha was abysmal, with his play, and his attitude, i am sick of the sight of him, he doesn't even deserve his starting place at the moment, hopefully Newcastle will be mugs enough to buy him, i hope i never see him in a palace shirt again, 50k a week more than anyone one else on the pitch, he's, Me, Me, Me, F**k off"

"the dramatics with Zaha seem to happen every week.
as an Eagle, i am getting bored with it. For certain all the referees are sick of the abuse.
we need to give zaha some anger-management counselling."

"Doesn't even deserve the bench.
We need to cut our losses and get rid of."

"Yes indeed, disgraceful performance and attitude from Wilf and for what he’s given us this year we would be no worse off playing one of the up and coming wingers from the U23’s and saving the £560K we waste on his wages each month. Pathetic moaning cry baby with an absolutely awful attitude."

"The big question with Wilf over recent times is who would pay money to take him off our hands"

"I said to the old man that he’s gonna get sent off, it was almost like he purposely got sent off - his performance up to that point was pathetic and he was playing as if he didn’t want to be on the pitch. He was the worst player on the pitch, no pressing and giving the ball away cheaply.

His pace has gone and without that he’s pretty average. He has a big bollocks attitude but he’s no longer the biggest fish."

"Thanks Wilf you really have earned your £130,000 this week"

"None of us would dispute the fact that Wilf has been a standout player for us many times.

But, his days are over. It's not just his petulant behaviour that let's him down, it's his lack of pace and commitment nowadays. He's letting down his team mates and the manager."

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Watching the game with a friend and as soon as Spuds scored their 2nd, I said to him, "I'm getting online and betting on Zaha getting a red. His nut will go now they are 2 -0 down.
The SEGW got his 2nd yellow before I could get a bet on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone who can wind the SEGW up and get a yellow card for it without ever entering the field of play deserves hero status in my opinion.

You’ve got to believe that the Amex crowd will be on him from the first minute in two weeks time. I reckon we could get him sent off if we keep on his back constantly. The sound of a Zaha red at the Amex would be akin to a goal being scored!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You’ve got to believe that the Amex crowd will be on him from the first minute in two weeks time. I reckon we could get him sent off if we keep on his back constantly. The sound of a Zaha red at the Amex would be akin to a goal being scored!

He wont be there, African Cup of Nations, nor will Ayew or Kouyate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here