Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Semi-Final ticket buying strategy

How are you going to play your semi-final ticket purchasing?

• STH - buying within the STH tiers

Votes: 218 43.4%
  • STH - waiting for members/guests to buy with

Votes: 118 23.5%
  • STH - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Member - buying straight away

Votes: 69 13.7%
  • Member - waiting for guests to buy with

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Member - not going

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - buying if/when I can

Votes: 33 6.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’m assuming that the 8 of you just wanted to sit together and that as you were all either STH or A+ members you knew you were guaranteed a ticket. However, with the uncertainty of how buying would pan out you decided to buy early and put into play the clever ‘single seat’ strategy.

If only there had been some way for you to register as a group of 8 and then be assigned the tickets accordingly. This could have allowed you to also select preferences on blocks you’d like to sit in on advance. That would have taken away the uncertainty for you A+ friend on whether he’d be sat with you.

But, to suggest uncertainty, or the very idea that there might be a better way that ticket distribution could work for fans who are more or less guaranteed a ticket, that’s madness.

After all, technology can now produce ChatGPT but it can’t improve ticket distribution.
Priority is rated against the individual not who you are friends with.

It’s unfortunate but that’s it

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are you suggesting that a group of mixed priorities should get an advantage just because they are a group? Otherwise your example doesn't work.
Read the post history. If you can’t be bothered, I don’t blame you. I’ve kind of lost interest in convincing people that there is a better way.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
For
Are you suggesting that a group of mixed priorities should get an advantage just because they are a group? Otherwise your example doesn't work.
I wonder whether the club could look at groups of fans getting and average loyalty point total by pre-registering as a group for marquee occasions such as this?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For

I wonder whether the club could look at groups of fans getting and average loyalty point total by pre-registering as a group for marquee occasions such as this?
Don’t be ridiculous! Are you suggesting improvements to the way things are done now. Outrageous!

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
For

And ending up with higher priority collectively than under the current system? I like your thinking. Personally, I’d prefer a system that allocates six lower tier tickets to anyone who has kept their voucher from the Stoke City league game in 1983.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Average...mean, median or mode?

Also, if one dropped out the average would need to be recalculated PRIOR to purchase.
Average being mean.

And by pre-registering as a group you are committing to buying all the tickets regardless, so drop outs would not be a factor.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Therefore a group of 6 top tiers and 2 Members with no points could all end up Window 1. Is that fair?
If those fans were all going to get a ticket regardless - yes.

The proposed tweak to the system just means they all get seats together rather than being spread across different blocks and tiers.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If those fans were all going to get a ticket regardless - yes.

The proposed tweak to the system just means they all get seats together rather than being spread across different blocks and tiers.
Not sure the 2 Window 1s shunted down to 2 would agree. Additionally, the points threshold for Window 1 would be one hell of a computation, and would increase significantly.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Therefore a group of 6 top tiers and 2 Members with no points could all end up Window 1. Is that fair?
That’s more than fair to the 2 Members with no points. We need many more suggestions like this, so that we all ultimately end up in the top priority category.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
For

That could only work if all the group were ST holders, otherwise those who weren't would get a huge advantage. In any case any of the suggestions made would almost certainly disadvantage individual ST holders and why should a group get preferential treatment?

Just to be clear, I am a priority 1 and I had to wait for friends in priority 3 so it affected me but I think it's the fairest way.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So, do I take our two MyAlbion+ tickets straight away, or wait in hope for 10 days for the MyAlbion+ guest window? Shall we expect the STH guest window to hoover up huge numbers?
That is exactly my dilemma.

It’s not looking good for waiting at the moment to be honest. I think I’m going to miss out but I can’t go with the kids and leave the other half at home. Hindsight and all that but just wish I’m spent the £30 on getting her membership!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Not sure the 2 Window 1s shunted down to 2 would agree. Additionally, the points threshold for Window 1 would be one hell of a computation, and would increase significantly.
Well I was Priority 1, but I would have been happy to be shunted down to guarantee tickets together with mates.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The way this has been done seems fair to me. I was a season ticket P1 but waited until today so I could sit with my Member Plus P1 daughter. I agree that every season ticket holder should get a chance to buy their seat before my daughter, despite the fact she was a season ticket holder from day one of the Amex opening and only swapped to a member plus once she left for uni.

I would have bought tickets in the lower section but we are in the upper teir, still happy we are both going and will sit together.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just been chatting on text to my mate. Seven out of the nine of us wanting to go who were STHs are all together in the lower tier but the other two have no chance. Albion+ T1 this morning one of them was 25000th in the queue apparently! Still lots left top tier when I checked but nothing lower tier.

I commented that back in 2019 we were just happy to be going. Now everyone realises how much better the bottom tier is and it's been totally taken by STHs.

I don't really think there's any fairer way of doing it. We had to wait until STH group 3 to get our final one of the seven in but still managed a group of three, gap, group of four in 136. I've previously moaned about high tiers being a closed shop in EPL games but they're not. The boy and I have dragged ourselves round the country to less glamorous fixtures and picked up some slim pickings (restricted view at Fulham) and are now at the point where we know we can go anywhere except probably Bournemouth and Brentford. A few more days out and those should be doable too.

These games will always cause problems. People come out of the woodwork for Wembley, and that's fine and expected, but TB has designed the system so that his most loyal customers come first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here