Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Semi-Final ticket buying strategy

How are you going to play your semi-final ticket purchasing?

• STH - buying within the STH tiers

Votes: 218 43.4%
  • STH - waiting for members/guests to buy with

Votes: 118 23.5%
  • STH - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Member - buying straight away

Votes: 69 13.7%
  • Member - waiting for guests to buy with

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Member - not going

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - buying if/when I can

Votes: 33 6.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Is upper tier that bad? I think about dozen maybe 18 rows up so sorta halfway not too bad...beyond that bring binoculars!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is upper tier that bad? I think about dozen maybe 18 rows up so sorta halfway not too bad...beyond that bring binoculars!
Amazon shifting tonnes of these.

sdf.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Therefore a group of 6 top tiers and 2 Members with no points could all end up Window 1. Is that fair?
No it isn't. The current system is about as fair as you're going to get, and it's tedious to keep reading about how simple and fair a system giving an advantage to lower priority members would be.

If you're that desperate to sit next to your mates for 90 minutes then just wait until their priority window is open. If that means that you're concerned that you won't get a decent seat, or maybe not even a seat at all, then that gives you an idea of how unfair it would be on the people to whom that would happen because their priority is shunted by the fans who just happen to be mates with a priority 1 STH.

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Just been chatting on text to my mate. Seven out of the nine of us wanting to go who were STHs are all together in the lower tier but the other two have no chance. Albion+ T1 this morning one of them was 25000th in the queue apparently! Still lots left top tier when I checked but nothing lower tier.

I commented that back in 2019 we were just happy to be going. Now everyone realises how much better the bottom tier is and it's been totally taken by STHs.

I don't really think there's any fairer way of doing it. We had to wait until STH group 3 to get our final one of the seven in but still managed a group of three, gap, group of four in 136. I've previously moaned about high tiers being a closed shop in EPL games but they're not. The boy and I have dragged ourselves round the country to less glamorous fixtures and picked up some slim pickings (restricted view at Fulham) and are now at the point where we know we can go anywhere except probably Bournemouth and Brentford. A few more days out and those should be doable too.

These games will always cause problems. People come out of the woodwork for Wembley, and that's fine and expected, but TB has designed the system so that his most loyal customers come first.
Ultimately, the way they have done it is the fairest. Long time STH and those who go to a lot of away games get first dibs.
People like me (long time Albion+) who get to games when I can get a chance today.
Everyone else, including guests, wait in line and hope for the best.But I don't see why they should be able to jump the queue and have better seats than those who have stumped up the My Albion+ money at the start of this and every season.

However wait until we beat Man U and see the fuss which will be generated on here about the far fewer tickets available

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's about where we were last time and in terms of view it's fine. It's a bit detached from the pitch-level atmosphere, but still good when it gets going.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
However wait until we beat Man U and see the fuss which will be generated on here about the far fewer tickets available
According to this, Liverpool and Chelsea both got allocations of 30,500 for last season’s FA Cup final, so not than many less than we were allocated for this year’s semi-final.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ultimately, the way they have done it is the fairest. Long time STH and those who go to a lot of away games get first dibs.
People like me (long time Albion+) who get to games when I can get a chance today.
Everyone else, including guests, wait in line and hope for the best.But I don't see why they should be able to jump the queue and have better seats than those who have stumped up the My Albion+ money at the start of this and every season.

I can only imagine what it will be like if we reach the final… probably 5k less tickets and a much higher uptake from STH will mean not a lot to go round My Albion+ members as such which I’m sure will cause much gnashing of teeth etc.

Bottom line is priority needs to go to those who support the club week in and week out. I know many will moan about it being a closed shop and unfair but it really isn’t.

As for the comments about sitting with friends etc I think the club have got it spot on… if you want to sit with friends from a lower priority then wait till it’s their window.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
do you think well get further tkts if we sell out? - if 34k each then roughly 20k left? 68k - 90k??
The middle tier is c16,000 seats and a lot of those are Club Wembley and not available for one-off event sales.

There's also the chunk of seats on the halfway line in the lower tier, that often stand out as being empty, that are similar corporate/hospitality/debenture holder seats.

Then the FA will have some for partners and sponsors etc.

In short: there may be a few more, but it won't be many as there's not actually many truly "spare" at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can only imagine what it will be like if we reach the final… probably 5k less tickets and a much higher uptake from STH will mean not a lot to go round My Albion+ members as such which I’m sure will cause much gnashing of teeth etc.

Bottom line is priority needs to go to those who support the club week in and week out. I know many will moan about it being a closed shop and unfair but it really isn’t.

As for the comments about sitting with friends etc I think the club have got it spot on… if you want to sit with friends from a lower priority then wait till it’s their window.
30,500 tickets for the final, so there will be some for A+ members, but it won't be the 5-6,000 that it may appear, assuming 24-25,000 STHs and 1901ers, as the club's tickets for staff, partners, sponsors and player family and friends will come out of the same pool of 30,500.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Agree with nearly everything you've said, but remember it is  when not if. This is our year.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
30,500 tickets for the final, so there will be some for A+ members, but it won't be the 5-6,000 that it may appear, assuming 24-25,000 STHs and 1901ers, as the club's tickets for staff, partners, sponsors and player family and friends will come out of the same pool of 30,500.
I wonder if they would have to change the categories for the priority windows, if there are only 2 or 3000 available for My Albion+ members just to manage the chaos.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
According to this, Liverpool and Chelsea both got allocations of 30,500 for last season’s FA Cup final, so not than many less than we were allocated for this year’s semi-final.

About 5k less… however the club might hold a few more back for families/friends/sponsors so might not be much more than 25/26k available to fans and with over 20k STH it doesn’t leave much left. Think also the STH uptake for the final would be higher than it has been for the semi.
With both a higher take up from STH and probably from the club itself for a final I’d guess possibly only a few thousand would be available for members ??

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had £80 tickets in the second to back row for the Man City match and I didn’t think it was that special.
Someone has posted a photo from the top tier from that game on one of these threads, the view looks great.

Post in thread 'For all those in the upper tier at Wembley'
https://www.northstandchat.com/thre...he-upper-tier-at-wembley.400181/post-10606528

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got tickets for myself and my 2 daughters. Eldest was A+ Priority 2 as she gave up her ST 2 years ago to have my grandson. Waited to get all 3 seats together. Up in the gods, different place but probably like our 2019 view which was ok.

When we beat Man Ure for the final, I might not be so patient after reading the posts on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here