Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Semi-Final ticket buying strategy

How are you going to play your semi-final ticket purchasing?

• STH - buying within the STH tiers

Votes: 218 43.4%
  • STH - waiting for members/guests to buy with

Votes: 118 23.5%
  • STH - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Member - buying straight away

Votes: 69 13.7%
  • Member - waiting for guests to buy with

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Member - not going

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - buying if/when I can

Votes: 33 6.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My brother and I are both STHs and our tickets are "linked". So one of us will buy for both as and when they are available.

He's already booked a coach. We have a motorhome and have booked a campsite nearish to Wembley for the three nights of the weekend. Mrs DiS is not an STH but is a member. Her best friend is an STH, so they will be looking to sit together. The Friend also has a motorhome and is booked on the same campsite.
Hello campers ! ( excuse my humour )

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Id agree with all of that....and no dig at those who are, but not sure a 1901 club member in tier 1 is more loyal, they're probably just a bit better off and are worth more to the club financially.

The general tier 1 riff raff, are the in the main the most attending/loyal.
1901 members in priority 1 are there on merit with the relevant loyalty points. They have to accrue their points just like everyone else. You do not automatically get priority 1 just because you are a 1901 member.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You posted this:
"OK, so let's say that you and I want to go together. Perhaps we also want to sit with a friend who is an Albion+ member and their son, who has been to 7 or 8 games this season, home an away but never bother to get an A+ membership. We're all going to get tickets and we can probably get four together if we wait until the first guest windows open, assuming one of us in STH Window 1. But why have all the uncertainty in the first place?"

I see now that it was hypothetical, but you were saying that someone who didn't bother to get a MA+ membership should be able to get their ticket on day 1 because they're a mate of a STH in priority 1.

I'm still unclear what "uncertainty" you keep on about. You've said yourself you're confident you'd all get tickets, so just wait until you are all eligible, like everyone else.

As far as I can see, you haven't identified any "uncertainty" apart from where there might be tickets available. That's always the case, as we don't know who will also want the same ones or the same block that we want and they might all be gone when we get there. It's why there are priorities in the first place and they all seem pretty fair to me (apart from guests ahead of purchase history).
Availability is actually better than a lot of away games - at least this time I got to choose from the whole of our total allocation, not just from the crappier seats being available first with better ones coming on line as later blocks !

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Availability is actually better than a lot of away games - at least this time I got to choose from the whole of our total allocation, not just from the crappier seats being available first with better ones coming on line as later blocks !
Indeed.
It actually benefits those that have to wait for others in lower groups for some aways, which is daft, really.
I'm sure many just wait for the better blocks to open without needing to wait for friends in lower groups, too.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Our strategy failed. We bought 7 in STH tier 3 as that was the lowest tier one of our group were in however hoping to get a ticket in that area for an Albion+ member on Monday at 9. We deliberately left a gap in the 7 seats hoping that would still be there Monday but alas it's gone as has every other ticket in that block. Will hope to get a ticket in neighbouring block and see if some will swap. Slim hopes I feel.
I’m assuming that the 8 of you just wanted to sit together and that as you were all either STH or A+ members you knew you were guaranteed a ticket. However, with the uncertainty of how buying would pan out you decided to buy early and put into play the clever ‘single seat’ strategy.

If only there had been some way for you to register as a group of 8 and then be assigned the tickets accordingly. This could have allowed you to also select preferences on blocks you’d like to sit in on advance. That would have taken away the uncertainty for you A+ friend on whether he’d be sat with you.

But, to suggest uncertainty, or the very idea that there might be a better way that ticket distribution could work for fans who are more or less guaranteed a ticket, that’s madness.

After all, technology can now produce ChatGPT but it can’t improve ticket distribution.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m assuming that the 8 of you just wanted to sit together and that as you were all either STH or A+ members you knew you were guaranteed a ticket. However, with the uncertainty of how buying would pan out you decided to buy early and put into play the clever ‘single seat’ strategy.

If only there had been some way for you to register as a group of 8 and then be assigned the tickets accordingly. This could have allowed you to also select preferences on blocks you’d like to sit in on advance. That would have taken away the uncertainty for you A+ friend on whether he’d be sat with you.

But, to suggest uncertainty, or the very idea that there might be a better way that ticket distribution could work for fans who are more or less guaranteed a ticket, that’s madness.

After all, technology can now produce ChatGPT but it can’t improve ticket distribution.
And how exactly would that have got them in the block they wanted? It would have been sold out.
They took a gamble and it failed. Plenty hoovering up the single seats, it seems.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My window opens at 9am tomorrow and my wife has just dropped that I am meant to be taking my 5 year old to swimming lessons at 9am... Puts a bit of a spanner in my plan to log in on 5 devices.

Looking to get two tickets together about half way back behind the goal in Cat 2 seats (block 135/136 or 131/132) anyone able to tell me what availability is looking like there?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
My window opens at 9am tomorrow and my wife has just dropped that I am meant to be taking my 5 year old to swimming lessons at 9am... Puts a bit of a spanner in my plan to log in on 5 devices.

Looking to get two tickets together about half way back behind the goal in Cat 2 seats (block 135/136 or 131/132) anyone able to tell me what availability is looking like there?
Just single seats available in those blocks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Can’t see any pairs available in the lower tier at all.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
For those of us who are MyAlbion + Priority One and eagerly waiting/panicking about what will be available at 9am tomorrow, is there anyone who can provide an up to date list of how many tickets are list in each area? @Bozza brilliant spreadsheet has not been updated since Friday evening. Just wondering how many more have been sold, and how many left. TIA

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For those of us who are MyAlbion + Priority One and eagerly waiting/panicking about what will be available at 9am tomorrow, is there anyone who can provide an up to date list of how many tickets are list in each area? @Bozza brilliant spreadsheet has not been updated since Friday evening. Just wondering how many more have been sold, and how many left. TIA
I'm going to update it this evening ahead of tomorrow's A+ window opening.

From a quick glance, not many more have sold, which is what I expected. Probably a few under 12,000 remaining.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just updated it.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021

Are you suggesting that a group of mixed priorities should get an advantage just because they are a group? Otherwise your example doesn't work.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So, do I take our two MyAlbion+ tickets straight away, or wait in hope for 10 days for the MyAlbion+ guest window? Shall we expect the STH guest window to hoover up huge numbers?
Every man ( or woman) for himself (or herself)
sort yourself out first
if guest tickets remain, guests will have to sit amongst themselves.
Good chance that if you wait for guests tickets to open they will be dotted about everywhere, and you and guests will be seperated in any case.

not worth the risk of missing out (imo)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, do I take our two MyAlbion+ tickets straight away, or wait in hope for 10 days for the MyAlbion+ guest window? Shall we expect the STH guest window to hoover up huge numbers?
Personally don’t think it’ll make the A+ guest windows, but I’m guessing :shrug: Interesting to see how many get sold to members this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here