Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Man of Match this evening?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s got a lovely smile
58D77887-3D22-4460-941C-EB5DD8B30E4B.jpeg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Verbruggen

Without a doubt our cornerstone tonight in a sleepy defence, a shapeless midfield and redundant forwards.

Hinshelwood, Dunk, Igor and Veltman and VH certainly had some individual spark but none MOTM imo.

Pedro supercool on the penalty so turned up when it really mattered but played with his back to goal too much - no MOTM for our Pen taker from me.
VH? We'll be kicked out for playing a suspended player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Me too. Mind you, I thought he was great from the off in that first game against Athens but there were folk trying to blame him for the loss as I recall
I didnt rate him in that game, but to blame him for the loss is silly.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Verbruggen.
2 or 3 decent saves that maybe Steele wouldn't have made.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Verbruggen for me as he just seems so much more confident and assertive at set pieces.

Honourable mentions for Dunk, Igor , Veltman and Hinshlewood.

Gross for once was not a contender but the bloke never lets us down and hardly ever misses a match.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
By the way, I know it was only a cameo but I thought Milner was exactly what we needed when he came on. Made a couple of excellent defensive clearances including one crucial towering header, and then used his strength to shithouse a couple of minutes off the clock at the end.

Thought it was worth saying as he's been a disappointing signing up until now, but we are down to the bare bones now and it looks like he is stepping up when needed
He had me a bit concerned when he ducked under a couple of balls to let them go out - then they didn't...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Dunk for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here