Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Man of Match this evening?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Joao Pedro. In a tight game he won then scored the only goal.. He is a big game player and has delivered again.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My MotM was Adingra. I felt he worked his socks off more than anyone else today.

Though it goes without saying, fantastic performances from everyone, they’re depleted and exhausted.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bart deserves a decent run doesn't he? Potential is frightening. Could be one of the elite keepers in a couple of seasons.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm absolutely not frightened about an Igor JPVH partnership whereas when he signed I thought the two playing together might be calamity stations.
Igor has definitely improved but something about him still gives me the yips. I think it’s his turning circle and extreme one-footedness. Great performance tonight though.

Everyone has named the right 3 but surely Pedro deserves to sit with them, his rare quality in a slugfest turned the match, the others gave him a platform and then defended it

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As much as I love this man he was a bit uncharacteristically sloppy today.
I’m biased but maybe just a little bit harsh. He also did his usual linking everything up with aplomb too, often key in our attacks. But yes agree with the Dunk consensus. His celebrations at the end were just incredible: a fan and THAT brilliant a player. I’m simply in awe of him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Verbruggen

Then dunk , then igor
Exactly this.

That was the worst we've played all season, yet probably the best result all season. I thought the midfield were collectively awful, the forwards didn't take what chances they did get. The defence won the game for us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m biased but maybe just a little bit harsh. He also did his usual linking everything up with aplomb too, often key in our attacks. But yes agree with the Dunk consensus. His celebrations at the end were just incredible: a fan and THAT brilliant a player. I’m simply in awe of him.
I guess it is harsh. I feel this way because of his usual Veltman like “always 8/10” performances; Gross makes a few sloppy passes and it always really stands out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
By the way, I know it was only a cameo but I thought Milner was exactly what we needed when he came on. Made a couple of excellent defensive clearances including one crucial towering header, and then used his strength to shithouse a couple of minutes off the clock at the end.

Thought it was worth saying as he's been a disappointing signing up until now, but we are down to the bare bones now and it looks like he is stepping up when needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here