Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your least favourite current Championship manager

(Or: who do you hate the most out of this list of morons)

• Nigel Adkins

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Dougie Freedman

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Lee Clark

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Billy Davies

Votes: 191 59.5%
  • Other- please state

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've voted for Atkins, but Clark would be a close second. Hollway would have been first but now he is at Millwall I can't say I care either way.

I like Rednapp but am pretty neutral on the rest. I obviously haven't seen Billy Davies enough because I don't feel any hatred for him. I may research him.

For me though none of them come close to the turd of a man that is Rotherham Manager (and ex Crawley) Steve Evans. If he ever manages in our league he will top the poll for sure.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For me though none of them come close to the turd of a man that is Rotherham Manager (and ex Crawley) Steve Evans. If he ever manages in our league he will top the poll for sure.

Or if we ran a poll for Fattest, Sweatiest or Reddest Faced manager. He appears to be slowly metamorphosising into Jabba the Hutt.

PA12214434_3010184.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Or if we ran a poll for Fattest, Sweatiest or Reddest Faced manager. He appears to be slowly metamorphosising into Jabba the Hutt.
[/IMG]

He always strikes me as someone who spends just a bit too much on his face. I don't mean filling it - although there is that - but he always looks like he has had the highlights, perma-tan, the plucked eyebrows, tinted eye-lashes. I might be wrong - but he looks just a bit too "presented".

And if you want to be put off your dinner - think about a back, crack, and sack. I bet he has had one.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Davies. Always. Not one interview has he not tried to make out his team are better in some way shape or form. Would happily punch him...actually i don't think I could ever get bored of punching him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He always strikes me as someone who spends just a bit too much on his face. I don't mean filling it - although there is that - but he always looks like he has had the highlights, perma-tan, the plucked eyebrows, tinted eye-lashes. I might be wrong - but he looks just a bit too "presented".

And if you want to be put off your dinner - think about a back, crack, and sack. I bet he has had one.

Glad it's not just me- whenever I see him on TV, I find myself wondering if he's wearing eye liner. Which seems a strange thing for a bloke to do, at least in a football manager environment, but there is definitely something going on there.

I've just googled "Steve Evans eyeliner" and there are loads of entries, so clearly it is something that's quite apparent. I think he probably dyes his hair blonde too. Strange that he'd seemingly spend so much on his appearance and yet still be a lump of lard like he is.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

We're thankful. No team above L1 would hire him, plus he's so shit as a manager he won't get a team to this level on his own. Destined to be a lower league plodder. Still, the pies are cheaper for him, the fat ****.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Glad it's not just me- whenever I see him on TV, I find myself wondering if he's wearing eye liner. Which seems a strange thing for a bloke to do, at least in a football manager environment, but there is definitely something going on there.

Yes - I forget about the eye-liner. That is a definite. I think he has the works. If you ever saw Liberace - that is what I imagine.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We're thankful. No team above L1 would hire him, plus he's so shit as a manager he won't get a team to this level on his own. Destined to be a lower league plodder. Still, the pies are cheaper for him, the fat ****.

Textbook anti-Evans bile :lolol:

That said, I'm not sure even his harshest critics would say he's shit as a manager, would they? Got Boston into the Football League, albeit he ended up with a criminal conviction along the way, did the same with Crawley, and then into League One, got Rotherham up last season (with a hefty budget for that level) and has them challenging for the play offs this time.

Vile, vile man, but clearly he has something about him that players respond to. Either that or he's cheating his way to success still, I'm not sure which.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes - I forget about the eye-liner. That is a definite. I think he has the works. If you ever saw Liberace - that is what I imagine.

Do you think he sits in front of the mirror at home on his days off, delicately applying the make up? Followed by a big bouffant wig and a large sequinned frock? :D

I'm thinking Priscilla, Queen of the New York Stadium? :D

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Billy Davies.

His team are horrible and so is he.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Do you think he sits in front of the mirror at home on his days off, delicately applying the make up? Followed by a big bouffant wig and a large sequinned frock?

Definitely. I am sticking with Liberace. He probably has a PA that looks suspiciously like him ........... and soft manicured hands. Does Evans tickle the ivories ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Redknapp for me, comfortably. Equally easily, I have Adkins in silver medal position and Freedman third.

Redknapp is a weasely wheeler dealer who seems utterly clueless. I absolutely detest that he has wangled a career amassing wealth by simply having ten times more cash than anyone else. And even if he got sacked at QPR, he'd walk away with a MASSIVE pay off, throw his hands up that it wasn't his fault and it's not as if 4th is bad anyway - then some total mug would hire him again. It'll be a team like Cardiff, at precisely the point they think it's worth gambling the future of the club on ludicrous wages.

Adkins - a half decent manager at Scunthorpe and Southampton, but his graceless Withdean twattery still annoy the f*ck out of me. I am pleased it looks like going tits up at Reading - lets hope we batter them.

Freedman - is a Nigel tosspot. And then he moved to Bolton, who I've never liked. Seriously, what is there to like about the drippy oily mong? He's not exactly a world beating manager either.

Can someone tell me why I DON'T hate Billy Davies? I know I ought to, but I just don't. :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I obviously haven't seen Billy Davies enough because I don't feel any hatred for him. I may research him.

I'd say in terms of character, Davies is the closest in that list to Evans.

Horrible, horrible, horrible little man.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you put Billy Davis an odious little man into google there's pages and pages from loads of different sites all agreeing. He really is THAT despised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here