Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your least favourite current Championship manager

(Or: who do you hate the most out of this list of morons)

• Nigel Adkins

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Dougie Freedman

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Lee Clark

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Billy Davies

Votes: 191 59.5%
  • Other- please state

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Great thread this. I just can't stand billy Davies. Did you hear him at the weekend blaming injuries for a 1-4 defeat. With THAT squad. To$$er!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What has Eddie Howe ever done to be on this list?

Personal opinion, but every time I've ever seen us play his teams, and I include Bournemouth this season, they've displayed a depressing level of cynicism and gamesmanship (time wasting from about ten minutes in, FFS), and it's horrible to watch. Was the same with Burnley, and came as a total surprise to me as I'd always thought of Bournemouth as a reasonably friendly, inoffensive club. That can only come from the manager, and in Howe's case he completely pulls the wool over the media's eyes thanks to his smiley blue eyed boy act.

I also noticed at the weekend that he keeps his teeth firmly clenched together when he speaks, which is just WEIRD.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It really is massively difficult to call this. I HATE the way Adkins comes to his press conferences and speaks as if he is completely superior to every single person in the room, then proceeds to patronise them to within an inch of their lives. All of the time maintaining that smug little smirk on his face that tries to say 'I'm better than you plebs'. Billy Davies just takes odiousness to a completely new level. He steams into the transfer market with no thought of FFP then has the outright GALL to complain about an injury crisis. This completely takes the biscuit. In the words of Kevin Keegan, I would 'love it, love it' if we went to Forest on the last day of the season and turned them over to sneak into the play-offs. Billy Davies would almost certainly explode.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
The poisoned dwarf Billy Davies raises my blood pressure before he's even opened his vile mouth. Nothing but a hateful, evil, Scottish prick.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would 'love it, love it' if we went to Forest on the last day of the season and turned them over to sneak into the play-offs. Billy Davies would almost certainly explode.

Don't think we'll catch them but it would be funny if we did.

They blew the play offs at home on the last game last season (to Leicester, in the final minute I think?) so making it two seasons in a row would be worth twice the admission price to see his face.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Billy King Scrote Davies.
I would love to kick that little miserable dispicable gobshite in the bollocks so hard, he would end up with mumps

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The fact is that Holloway in the last 4 games at the business end of the season won 4 and drew 1, which is not bad going.:clap2:

I have to agree that getting 13 points out of 4 games is ****ing genius :ffsparr:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well? The Adkins-Redknapp theme popping up on the Reading/QPR thread made me curious.

Which Championship manager most makes you want to punch the TV when he appears?

-Smug-faced Adkins
-The professional saggy-faced Cockney & tax-exempt bulldog fancier-the greasy-haired Palace-deserter
-Lee "call the Samaritans" Clark
-Eddie Howe (smiley faced Mr Nice Guy routine disguises his utterly cynical tactics in the eyes of the media)
-Ian Holloway and his hilarious "spontaneous" one liners
-Billy Davies (no explanation needed)
-AN Other?

You're probably one of the first to come on here condemning 'homophobic and racist' abuse and yet you feel its perfectly acceptable to abuse someone because of their physical appearance. What is wrong with being a 'cockney?' Can you choose where you are born? Are you discrimitory against 'cockneys' in you're line of work? Do you have access to HR's pay slips to prove his 'tax excempt' status? Is there anything wrong with having a dog?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Are you one those people who bangs on about how we need a British manager? Well this is a potential shortlist :(

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're probably one of the first to come on here condemning 'homophobic and racist' abuse and yet you feel its perfectly acceptable to abuse someone because of their physical appearance. What is wrong with being a 'cockney?' Can you choose where you are born? Are you discrimitory against 'cockneys' in you're line of work? Do you have access to HR's pay slips to prove his 'tax excempt' status? Is there anything wrong with having a dog?

Don't take it to heart Harry, it's only a football forum

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Without doubt Billy Davies. The man is a walking advertisement for the benefits of involuntary euthanasia.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Has to be Adkins!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Of those named I voted HR.

Adkins, I mellowed over. I see him as a harmless panto baddie.
HR bores me. Well past his sell by. Being a chirpy character doesn't cut it. QPR should be going up automatically with their investments. Buck stops with HR.
IH Bores me too. Think he likes the limelight too much.
Lee Clark deserves a mention for his pretend card waving antics from a few years back and his recent bigging up of Kaz which I saw as a desperate attempt to make him think about joining them. Doesn't deserve any votes on the back of it though.
Eddie Howe deserves a mention for his u-turn about staying a Bournemouth then leaving 3 days later. Doesn't deserve any votes on the back of it either really.
Billy Davies, hardly Pardew is he?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I was trying to decide between holloway and Davies but then I remembered this and it tipped the balance

[YT]HXYhlZABXPI[/YT]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eddie Howe annoys me because he and his teams usually do well against us despite there being a sense they shouldn't. But that seems a poor excuse to list him. Everyone else on the list would be tie it for me. (Lee Clark because he reminds me of someone and I can never remember who, and he just seems to irritate me, on top of that)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Nigel Adkins 2nd
Harry Redknapp
Ian Holloway 3rd
Dougie Freedman 4th
Lee Clark 5th
Eddie Howe 6th
Billy Davies 1st by a long way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here