Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your least favourite current Championship manager

(Or: who do you hate the most out of this list of morons)

• Nigel Adkins

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Dougie Freedman

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Lee Clark

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Billy Davies

Votes: 191 59.5%
  • Other- please state

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I tell you what. When you see the list in front of you - that is HARD. some proper tosspots right there.

I'm thinking Davies, but it's going to need further consideration.

I agree. I really dislike Rednapp, and am really happy how badly he's doing this season. But Billy Davies is the choice for me

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Have voted Freedman because no-one else had and couldn't have that Palace twunt with nil votes.

Although I do really, really hate Billy Davies. Really hate.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
worst = Adkins
best = our own OG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well? The Adkins-Redknapp theme popping up on the Reading/QPR thread made me curious.

Which Championship manager most makes you want to punch the TV when he appears?

-Smug-faced Adkins
-The professional saggy-faced Cockney & tax-exempt bulldog fancier
-the greasy-haired Palace-deserter
-Lee "call the Samaritans" Clark
-Eddie Howe (smiley faced Mr Nice Guy routine disguises his utterly cynical tactics in the eyes of the media)
-Ian Holloway and his hilarious "spontaneous" one liners
-Billy Davies (no explanation needed)
-AN Other?

Looking at the first few posts of this thread, the way you've described them seems to be influencing the field.
I'm going for Billy Davies. Because there is no explanation needed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That really is an extremely convincing argument. The media seem to lap up his Mr Wacky routine, whereas I tend to think of him as like the office idiot who thinks he's the epitome of cutting edge of wit, and who tries to convey this visually by wearing a Garfield tie to work ("Hey, look everyone! I'm MAD, me!").

Sounds like a cross between David Brent and Finchy. Is that about right?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That really is an extremely convincing argument. The media seem to lap up his Mr Wacky routine, whereas I tend to think of him as like the office idiot who thinks he's the epitome of cutting edge of wit, and who tries to convey this visually by wearing a Garfield tie to work ("Hey, look everyone! I'm MAD, me!").
Precisley that. Also his massive non-story whinge thata Premiership referee knew the first names of the Chelsea squad but was somehow unfamiliar with his Blackpool galacticos.

Also another person getting the Error 500 blank pages. IE8 (at work).

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lee Clark is the non-runner in this. I can't remember ever being annoyed by him, and he did at least respect the Albion after we won League One. While I agree with the comment about Eddie Howe, he is still small fry compared to some of the monumental twats on the list, so I'm not considering him either.

Then it gets really hard. I suspect Davies is the one who actually is a genuinely vile and disgusting person in real life, even away from their job, but he's never had a flash point against the Albion which counts in his favour in my mind. Redknapp doesn't bother me really, it's just funny to see him flounder with five times as much money as any other team in the division. Adkins is the guy who learned how to be a football manager from a textbook, which is nauseating, and his attempts at mind games in 2010-11 were pitiful. Dougie will always be scum to me for the way he celebrated Palace's third goal in the 3-1 at The Amex right in front of me, and I feel sick just looking at his greasy, unwashed hair and weasel face on the TV. So like most I strongly dislike most of them, but I'm going to go for Holloway as my overall winner. From the planned comedy routines to the little beard I'd love to rip from his face, the way he's carved out a semi-decent reputation despite being an utterly shite manager and the horrible sense of self-importance, he ticks plenty of boxes for me as someone it's so easy to hate.
Post of the week.

By the way Edna, inspired thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yet, he's managed to get two teams promoted out of this division?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like a cross between David Brent and Finchy. Is that about right?

EXACTLY that (even Brent's accent isn't a million miles away).

This clip is how I imagine life to be in Holloway's office.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Too difficult to choose between Adkins and Davies both utter twunts. Certainly don't hate any of the others. Holloway and Redknapp are just comedy characters and the others are of no noticable significance to me.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

I completely agree with the assessment of him, but mostly this just irritates me and he's such a prat that he does make me laugh (although generally inadvertently or through sheer disbelief). Adkins, on the other hand, manages to get under my skin every time I see him talk.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well? The Adkins-Redknapp theme popping up on the Reading/QPR thread made me curious.

Which Championship manager most makes you want to punch the TV when he appears?

-Smug-faced Adkins
-The professional saggy-faced Cockney & tax-exempt bulldog fancier
-the greasy-haired Palace-deserter
-Lee "call the Samaritans" Clark
-Eddie Howe (smiley faced Mr Nice Guy routine disguises his utterly cynical tactics in the eyes of the media)
-Ian Holloway and his hilarious "spontaneous" one liners
-Billy Davies (no explanation needed)
-AN Other?

Now THAT'S a proper poll :thumbsup:

Can we run it again next season when half of them are sacked and Gus is a Championship manager again :whistle:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone who didn't vote for Billy Davies is objectively wrong.
There can be very good reasons for voting for another. Such as this:

Have voted Freedman because no-one else had and couldn't have that Palace twunt with nil votes.

Although I do really, really hate Billy Davies. Really hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here