Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite 'everyday' biscuit

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Slightly Scared Of anyone who Says Rich Tea, do you Have Taste buds?

Gotta be bourbon for me. Also partial to a chocolate hobnob but I think that's just marginally too posh to be considered "everyday".

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Does anyone remember Milk & Honey Creams? They were around in the 1970s. A sort of hybrid of Jammy Dodgers (only with honey instead of jam) and custard creams. Mmm.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I enjoy nothing in a biscuit more than scraping the chocolate splodge centre of a bourbon with my upper teeth after gently splitting the biscuit slices neatly in two. A custard cream might carry the same process to it, but for me it's too squeaky clean and lacking the dark heart of its dangerously tasty cousin.

Textbook.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I'd go bourbon. Although, when the mood takes me, I do enjoy the occasional (dark) chocolate digestive. Principally with tea for dunking purposes.

D

Deleted member 18477

I don't really eat biscuits because when I do I always eat the whole packet!

For my every now and then biscuit binge it's foxes viennese fingers, foxes cream crunch, custard creams or bourbons!

I do enjoy eating a Christmas biscuit tin in December as well...

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
You utter, utter *******s. Have pity on a Coeliac, who has to make do with shitty gluten-free replicas of the glorious biscuits you are all slavering over in this thread.
It's bad enough that a gluten-free Custard cream tastes like wet cardboard, but the manufacturers compound the insult by charging three times the price of ordinary biscuits.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
You utter, utter *******s. Have pity on a Coeliac, who has to make do with shitty gluten-free replicas of the glorious biscuits you are all slavering over in this thread.
It's bad enough that a gluten-free Custard cream tastes like wet cardboard, but the manufacturers compound the insult by charging three times the price of ordinary biscuits.

Now I know you're just taking the biscuit.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's ALL about the classic Hob Nob. A delight with tea, a joy with coffee and a treat on it's own.

Stretching the bounds of "everyday" but what about M&S "Extremely Chocolately" shortbreads - advertised as "more chocolate than biscuit". Waitrose sell a very similar version - I suspect a conspiracy and that they are made at the same factory.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
mcvities-311015.jpg

or

DSCF0699.JPG

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Does anyone remember Milk & Honey Creams? They were around in the 1970s. A sort of hybrid of Jammy Dodgers (only with honey instead of jam) and custard creams. Mmm.

Yes- I remember them. The honey was a chewy consistency but nice enough.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bourbon is definitely my "go to" biscuit, or a chocolate hob-nob if I'm after something a bit FANCY.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Malted Milk, Lincoln, Shortbread.

If its got oats in its a cake.

Used to love lincoln biscuits but can't seem to get hold of them anymore!

Everyday biscuits would be McVities Digestive and for special occasions, shortbread fingers (although it doesn't have to be that special!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here