Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Is it Aldi, Lidl or Iceland.

Nope got it now it's Pounland Extra isn't it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised there haven't been many Palace fans responding to this thread. I don't think I've banned that many :shrug:

Clearly they agree, it looks crap.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Surprised there haven't been many Palace fans responding to this thread. I don't think I've banned that many :shrug:

Clearly they agree, it looks crap.

Go on then.

It cost £200000 as quoted by the board.
It is not finished yet.
Its going to have some 3d badges over it.
It does look better than before.
The stand has had a make over inside as well.
We would love to build a new stand, but not only is this not the season to reduce capacity, I dont think we have the cash. ( Not every club has a sugar daddy pumping £120 mill into them)

It might be a pig...but its our pig, and I would not want it any other way TBH.

And we were damned if we did and damned if we didnt. Hopefully one day a new stand ect, but as I sit in the holmesdale which is a great stand I am not that bothered.

One last thing, after all the trouble with grounds over the years, its a bit much slagging other clubs grounds and makes BHA fans (not all of them) look like sneering snobs who have won the lottery and now look down on everyone who is poorer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One last thing, after all the trouble with grounds over the years, its a bit much slagging other clubs grounds and makes BHA fans (not all of them) look like sneering snobs who have won the lottery and now look down on everyone who is poorer.

Not really.

Selhurst Park was a shithole when we were at Withdean too, and we told you so - albeit with a sense of irony.

Now you feel it's a sense of snobbery, which has more to to with your esteem than ours.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I dont think we have the cash. ( Not every club has a sugar daddy pumping £120 mill into them)

(1) 3D badges!! :lolol:

(2) Palace fans told us a while ago just how rich the owners are (very). And you do have someone pumping £120m in, you plank, as you lot love to point out. It's called the Premier League.

(3) You guys spent years taking the piss out of Withdean (even though we knew and accepted it was rubbish), but get precious NOW when we- and the rest of football- point out how crap Selhurst is? Quality.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ooh, 3D badges. I can't wait.

I'm just as excited, these sound absolutely mind-blowing :D

Please, please put some pictures on here when the 3D badges are done, Loz!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wrong it's Pulisland Extra Strength.

The kind of place that gives away Jonny's to help beat addiction to the Weed.

Over 15,000 were cured and walked away from their habit on Saturday afternoon!.

Yawn. Of course they did. Of COURSE they did.

Blimey- if 15,000 had walked away from Selhurst during most games last season, the place would literally have been empty, imagine that.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yawn. Of course they did. Of COURSE they did.

Blimey- if 15,000 had walked away from Selhurst during most games last season, the place would literally have been empty, imagine that.

As it happens, I walked out of a pub one Friday night last season when Palace went 4-0 down at home to Birmingham in a broadcast game. But I don''t think most of the crowd there did.

Walking out with a quarter of the game to go and only 2 down, as your captain said in the "Argus" yesterday, that doesn't really give the players much incentive to push on does it? And as for the 15k figure that was quoted by an Albion fan on here on another thread.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As it happens, I walked out of a pub one Friday night last season when Palace went 4-0 down at home to Birmingham in a broadcast game. But I don''t think most of the crowd there did.

Walking out with a quarter of the game to go and only 2 down, as your captain said in the "Argus" yesterday, that doesn't really give the players much incentive to push on does it? And as for the 15k figure that was quoted by an Albion fan on here on another thread.

I think you'll find he quoted 20k and he's well known as one of the biggest spanners on here, who will do anything to get a reaction.

Are you the same Danny Boy as the one on the BBS, who was telling everyone at the weekend how shit Glenn Murray's been playing?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It was a lot less than that in reality, however bad it looks. And how long are Palace games? The 80th minute is not really a 'quarter of the game to go' now, is it? Apart from that, tremendous effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here