Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know the old saying "You can't polish a turd"?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It looks like the whole thing has been covered in canvas, so rentakill, or Walt and Jesse, can go in and do their stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• gu3y9y8u.jpg
    gu3y9y8u.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 889

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe there's more to be done to it, but on that photo alone, I can't help wondering why they've bothered. It still looks like a hovel. Just a different coloured hovel.
Sorry for the stupid questions: where did you get the photo from? Is this there plan, and when will it be done?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry for the stupid questions: where did you get the photo from? Is this there plan, and when will it be done?

Stole it off some random Palace fan's Twitter feed.

I just think it's bizarre. Everyone knows, even Crystal Palace themselves, that Selhurst Park is, in the main, a festering, decrepit heap. It's never going to get any better unless they completely demolish the shanty-town main stand and the Black Hole of Calcutta on the other side and start again. But someone on the board seems to think that- perhaps because they're in the Premier League- that it's important to dress it up a bit for the sake of appearances. As far as I know, this is entirely cosmetic. They're not replacing their filthy, disgusting toilets, or dirty, rusting, broken seats in the stand. They're not bothering to install a few lights inside the concourses to make them vaguely habitable, or to perhaps have a couple more turnstiles so that people aren't all crowded like animals through the same few entrances. They're just...sticking a bit of cladding on. It would be like us going up during the Withdean years and thinking "Gosh, we don't want to look like complete peasants- best stick a few patio tables and pot plants round the back of the North Stand, that'll fool 'em".

You can put lipstick on a pig....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You give police officers a bad name.

But someone on the board seems to think that- perhaps because they're in the Premier League- that it's important to dress it up a bit for the sake of appearances. As far as I know, this is entirely cosmetic. They're not replacing their filthy, disgusting toilets, or dirty, rusting, broken seats in the stand. They're not bothering to install a few lights inside the concourses to make them vaguely habitable, or to perhaps have a couple more turnstiles so that people aren't all crowded like animals through the same few entrances. They're just...sticking a bit of cladding on.
So this is actually going to happen is it?

You can put lipstick on a pig....
Oh Edna, you worry me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So this is actually going to happen is it?

Yeah, that's what they're doing now. Sticking some white cladding on the (previously blue) main stand. Looks amazing, doesn't it? Massive improvement :lolol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
As already said, surely that isn't finished? Surely?

It looks like the covering they put around scaffolding.

If it is. What a waste of money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, that's what they're doing now. Sticking some white cladding on the (previously blue) main stand. Looks amazing, doesn't it? Massive improvement :lolol:
I can't believe this isn't a wind up. Is there an estimate on how much it will cost?

They've been talking about re-building for years, we've seen those fanciful designs. So now they've got the money from promotion (I still haven't worked out how they got promoted, but they did), surely now is the time to rebuild. Properly. Phase one should involve nothing more than a box of matches.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe this isn't a wind up. Is there an estimate on how much it will cost?

A quick search suggests the cladding will be about £200k.

From this:

Selhurst+Park+6.jpg

...to this... :lol:

DSCF6634_zps9f345191.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here