Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just wait till you are flying abroad and need to change the time. You'll spend the whole flight going "how the fakking hell does this thing work then ?"

Or is that just me ?
That used to be me! Bought a G Shock last year and it connects to a mobile app over Bluetooth and all settings can be changed on that. It wasn't a really expensive watch and it saved the usual faff when the clocks went back/forward of if went abroad.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
A Rolex datejust will last a lifetime and says understated but classy . My personal favourite and not ridiculously expensive like some Rolex models ,

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Anybody bought from this company? Can’t work out if they are legit or not?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I would suggest they are legit - or at least as legit as they can be for a company that seem to be Chinese drop shipping.

There are probably better versions out there buying direct from China.
My cheapo watch YouTube guru is this fairly annoying fella

Plus
Nico Leonard for gobshite.
&
Teddy Ballsack (can't remember how to spell his name) for respectability.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020

3atm is Handwashing only ... Little more than market stall cheapo quality.

The Jomw channel is a reasonable one to check out .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey I've just gone completely out of character and bought something, without mithering, dithering, cogitating and procrastinating, while sober - naturally it's a watch, details to follow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a conflation of events, 2 weeks ago, causing me to buy this beauty.

IMG_20230807_183441_742.jpg

A rarely produced Jump Hour Watch - I'm very pleased, it looks lovely, esp considering it's a piece of Chinese shite.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a TAG golf watch which I got as part of my mums estate. Always wanted one and could never afford one.

something to remember mum with.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I dunno. I haven't worn a watch since 26 January 1990 (when I left working in a bank) - but have a lovely pocket watch, and enjoy clocks! Definitely a thread for me...

I do like a pocket watch! Always wanted one and got one when I got married (bit of a cliche I know), but it felt good to have a pocket watch in my waist coat.

Think I'm about a month into wearing a watch again after a 20 year hiatus and it feels very natural. Enjoying it. It's only a Tissot quartz, but really happy with it.
product89810-9817_cropped.jpg.thumb_FFFCFA_624x1000.jpg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I bought an Apple Watch a couple of weeks ago, as I intrigued by the functionality of them, including the health monitoring, and in particular the ECG function.
Little did I know at the time how important that would be. Yesterday the watch alerted me that I had a number of Atrail Fibrillation episodes, or irregular heart beats.

My wife called 111 and they called an ambulance which arrived promptly with three medics. I explained my symptoms and how the Apple Watch had alerted me to the problem. Two were sceptical, but the third said she had heard of someone calling based on this before.
The lead person then did an ECG, and said “Your Apple watch was right!”
Whisked off to hospital and spent the night having tests and released this morning at 5am with medications to control the condition.

So a big shout out for Apple Watches, and I’ll be looking at moving on my mechanical watches in the near future!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This cost me £79.84.
(Please read after the photo before critiquing it)

IMG_20240128_190125_121.jpg

The cost is so precise because, this afternoon, I built it myself.

It was emotional, I need to return to it, besides the obvious reason.
But overall I'm pretty pleased with the result, esp as it is the cheapest parts China had to offer.

Hahaha.
I forgot I took a 'before' photo

IMG_20240128_135516_190.jpg

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That used to be me! Bought a G Shock last year and it connects to a mobile app over Bluetooth and all settings can be changed on that. It wasn't a really expensive watch and it saved the usual faff when the clocks went back/forward of if went abroad.
This big time!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I've done a silly impulse thing I really can't explain.
I've just bought the latest JOMW review.

I've convinced myself I 'need' a big boy watch but my Barbieesque wrists won't allow it, so I was intrigued by this lugless puck.
I'm a sucker for lume.
Plus I wanted a different strap for the watch I made, and Barton has a 3 for 2 deal going on.

£64 for the watch £42 for 3 straps - I'll not be going out for fry ups this month but my watch collection will stand at 4.
(Edit 5 - I really must check on my £17 trial watch)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here