Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got my first G-Shock a couple of weeks ago. I’ve always liked them and needed an indestructible but not ridiculously priced watch for work.

It got a wine bottle smashed into it the other weekend, straight to the watch-face. But it stopped the bottle hitting my face and not a scratch on it.

Reasonably priced and does exactly what I need it to do. That’s what I like in any product.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because it's me there's an incredibly dull story attached but I'll spare you the details and just show you the watch

IMG_20230630_103638_447.jpg

IMG_20230630_103745_3.jpg

IMG_20230630_104029_718.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? I guess Real Estate will be one such 'industry'? Others?

With diamond cufflinks and ultra shiny handmade shoes, it's a sign that you've grafted in your profession. The US is a meritocracy.

Of course, commies such as Bernie Sanders, Colonel Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will be jealous.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I have a dozen or thereabouts (but I only wear one at a time!) some more expensive 1k plus, others cheap cheerful around £100, its good to have a choice as I'm not going to wear the more expensive ones gardening for example.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Got my first G-Shock a couple of weeks ago. I’ve always liked them and needed an indestructible but not ridiculously priced watch for work.

It got a wine bottle smashed into it the other weekend, straight to the watch-face. But it stopped the bottle hitting my face and not a scratch on it.

Reasonably priced and does exactly what I need it to do. That’s what I like in any product.
Big fan of G-Shock, have two in my collection.
Here’s my current lineupIMG_0655.jpegIMG_0656.jpegIMG_0657.jpegIMG_0658.jpegIMG_0660.jpegIMG_0659.jpeg

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You G-Shockers should check out the very loud opinions of Nico Leonard on The YouTube.
According to him G-Shocks are "god tier" watches.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Just wait till you are flying abroad and need to change the time. You'll spend the whole flight going "how the fakking hell does this thing work then ?"

Or is that just me ?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I have a Hamilton Pan Europ (exactly like this one) for everyday wearing. Got it off eBay for about £600 but everyone assumes it was expensive for some reason... :shrug:
hamilton.jpg

Also got a Rolex for best, but I never wear it for fear of having it nicked or damaging it. Waste of money to be fair.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just wait till you are flying abroad and need to change the time. You'll spend the whole flight going "how the fakking hell does this thing work then ?"

Or is that just me ?
Too true. I have a very basic, analogue watch for such purposes 🤣

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
A wristwatch is one of the few acceptable types of jewellery that gentleman should wear, a wedding ring and cufflinks being the others. If you wear any of the following you almost certainly look like a right twit:

- thumb ring
- necklace
- bracelet
- earrings
- body piercing

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A wristwatch is one of the few acceptable types of jewellery that gentleman should wear, a wedding ring and cufflinks being the others. If you wear any of the following you almost certainly look like a right twit:

- thumb ring
- necklace
- bracelet
- earrings
- body piercing
What about a small on the little finger, surely a Gentleman would have one of those no!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have no problem with men who like piercings. They may feel the need to go on about it and even get their willies done but as long as they don’t keep trying to ram it down my throat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Antiques Roadshow this evening, 23 minutes in, had an interesting Rolex.

A punter brought in a ‘Red’ Submariner Date, bought new by his Dad in 1972 for £132.

AR valued it at £20,000, the owner was genuinely taken aback (lots of others know full well, faking their reaction).

A lovely watch.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

- thumb ring
- necklace
- bracelet
- earrings
- body piercing
Totally agree . It’s believe the phrase is chav

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here