Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham v Boreham Wood 6.30 today

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Presumably you mean the right to the media/public support? It’s because of the documentary plus people like the two actors involved. On the pitch, they’ve done it on merit. No beef with Wrexham or their owners.
They have lost 3 million pounds in the past year in the conference, that's obscene.

By Merit, you mean spend spend spend

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wrexham guy on the radio this morning alluding to the fact that people are probably getting sick of hearing about them. I wonder how many people outside of BHA feel the same about our ‘miracle story’ and overexposure... @mikeyjh ? :lolol: (Totally agree with your ‘pat on the head’ analogy by the way)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes but then it's also a bit odd quite so many are against ManofSussex comments and happy for Wrexham when a large part of the last few years we've been complaining about the unfairness of the competition in the PL due to the money some clubs have
I think most people accept that money is part of the game. For me it's more about knowing where the money has come from and being able to see the effect it is having on a community.

I wouldn't begrudge Newcastle a sugar daddy but when you know what is wrapped up in that cash injection it is hard to look the other way.

fWIw I would be very supportive of more measures to close the gap in wages and stop clubs skewing the game for everyone else. However while we wait for those measures I am not going to blame anyone for playing the game as it is currently set up.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Wrexham have spent 15 years in the conference and are a team with football league heritage, I've no issue with them finally getting promotion. Good luck to them, I was genuinely pleased for them watching the game yesterday. Give me them in the football league over Salford city plastics any day of the week.

I think Susie Dent sums it up for me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wrexham have spent 15 years in the conference and are a team with football league heritage, I've no issue with them finally getting promotion. Good luck to them, I was genuinely pleased for them watching the game yesterday. Give me them in the football league over Salford city plastics any day of the week.

I think Susie Dent sums it up for me.

Someone told me last week that Susie Dent’s husband walked out on her. You need to get your chops round to her gaff asap, Piggle, make hay while the sun shines and all that. Who needs Rachel Riley when you’ve got Susie? :love:... and how the hell is she 59? She looks 15-20 years younger.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I suspect it's because Wrexham are not seen as a threat - It's easy to pat a team on the head and say well done on spending your way out of the division when that division is 4 levels down. I don't recall the same mood when Derby were spending their way not out of the championship :)

Opinions in football are largely swayed by emotion though aren't they, many on here have decried clubs that have ended up in bother for their 'reckless' overspending but somehow Wrexham are to be championed. Only time will tell how where their story goes but football isn't Hollywood, it doesn't have an ending except when a club goes tits up.

In the interest of openness, I know a family of Wrexham fans and they're absolute xxxxs so that probably doesn't help lighten my opinion. And I occasionally have to go to or past Wrexham, it's not pleasurable.
But you did spend your way out of the Championship and we all took a lot of pleasure in the direction it took you. No different to Wrexham at all ;)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Wrexham guy on the radio this morning alluding to the fact that people are probably getting sick of hearing about them. I wonder how many people outside of BHA feel the same about our ‘miracle story’ and overexposure... @mikeyjh ? :lolol: (Totally agree with your ‘pat on the head’ analogy by the way)
Haha, I think there's definitely a curve that impartial observers go through as teams go on a successful journey - From plucky Brighton to tossers, hope they go bust :cool:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Someone told me last week that Susie Dent’s husband walked out on her. You need to get your chops round to her gaff asap, Piggle, make hay while the sun shines and all that. Who needs Rachel Riley when you’ve got Susie? :love:... and how the hell is she 59? She looks 15-20 years younger.

I bet she looked up the word for "walking out on someone because they are obsessed with the dictionary" and shouted it at him as she luzzed his pants and PS4 out the 1st floor bedroom window.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Yes but then it's also a bit odd quite so many are against ManofSussex comments and happy for Wrexham when a large part of the last few years we've been complaining about the unfairness of the competition in the PL due to the money some clubs have

I don’t think I have an issue with anyone not buying into it or being happy for them because at the end of the day there is no real reason to be be happy for another club unless you support them.

I do have an issue with folk using the money aspect of it though. Rich owners in football have been around for decades and nobody thought Abramovich should care about London, or the people behind King Power caring about Leicester (and how many cheered when they won the league?).

There are tons of clubs owned by wealthy owners, who put the money in to make them better. Why is it suddenly a problem that Wrexham do it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here