Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham v Boreham Wood 6.30 today

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Strange thing is what gives Wrexham the right to promotion over Notts County? Yes I'll watch and cheer but will feel sorry for County.
Presumably you mean the right to the media/public support? It’s because of the documentary plus people like the two actors involved. On the pitch, they’ve done it on merit. No beef with Wrexham or their owners.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Get a feeling Wrexham will go thorough League 2 and maybe 1 relatively quickly

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No time for Wrexham who pay upper Div 1 wages. Same for Salford in Div 2. Whilst you may say same in PL they produce £200m more income than other clubs

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Someone who I know reasonably well should be playing for Boreham wood today. Wait until you need the size of Lee Ndlovu’s quads. They are things of beauty. His bulk caused a funny moment at Cheltenham festival last year when he split his trousers.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Someone who I know reasonably well should be playing for Boreham wood today. Wait until you need the size of Lee Ndlovu’s quads. They are things of beauty. His bulk caused a funny moment at Cheltenham festival last year when he split his trousers.
Any relation to Peter?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Strange thing is what gives Wrexham the right to promotion over Notts County? Yes I'll watch and cheer but will feel sorry for County.
The problem is with only having one automatic promotion spot. Which ever team misses out will be missing out despite a record breaking season.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
What an amazing story of fairytale Wrexham is, who would have thought a pair of Hollywood billionaires taking over a non league club and paying ridiculous wages to players would lead to such success?
Not sure we're in a position to criticise a club for having a wealthy benefactor who helps them rise up the leagues.

Wrexham have had some seriously shitty owners in the past (comparable with our own) and I don't begrudge them finally having people in charge who put some cash in. And I'm not sure anyone connected to Wrexham has called their success this season a "fairytale", that just seems to be a strawman for jealous fans of other clubs to beat them with. If anything, the fairytale is the way the fans kept their team alive that meant there was still a club for Hollywood to invest in.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Not a bad start for the lad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here