[NSC] Wouldn't it be nice if you could just click on a thread and make it off-f***?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
100% agree with this and I've thought this for a long time. With mental health issues being rife many must want to come here for solace - football chat (Albion related or not), or general chat between good people with a common bond. But I'm bombarded with war, death, climate change doom, political hatred and the impending end of the world (according to some). A filter function to remove threads that you do not want to see is a must.
I really like this post (y) (y) (y) (y)

Apr 9, 2020
Great idea.

NSC has been been a wonderful place for years, seemingly immune to this "agree with me or f*** off" attitude that's poisoned social media for the last decade. But it seems the honeymoon period is over, with even seemingly innocuous threads turning into a right BINFEST.

Would be LUSH to mute all the politics/war threads.

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Great idea.

NSC has been been a wonderful place for years, seemingly immune to this "agree with me or f*** off" attitude that's poisoned social media for the last decade. But it seems the honeymoon period is over, with even seemingly innocuous threads turning into a right BINFEST.

Would be LUSH to mute all the politics/war threads.
Some will no doubt say, "just ignore the threads you don't want to read".

It's not as easy as that when you have to wade through so many just to try and find a thread of interest that hasn't descended to the depths that so many seem to these days!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some will no doubt say, "just ignore the threads you don't want to read".

It's not as easy as that when you have to wade through so many just to try and find a thread of interest that hasn't descended to the depths that so many seem to these days!
Agree with this.

It would be great not to even see quite a few threads.

Dec 29, 2011
I agree, a few years back I started writing an NSC plugin that allowed users to permanently 'hide' threads they didn't want to see. It never materialised to a good extent, but it's always something I've wanted to return to.

I think having the ability to permanently hide threads from the forum would make things a lot more readable.

Another functionality I wanted from the plugin was "user notes". You could click on the username of a person and have a text box appear, this way you could put permanent notes on a person for future reference.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Jeez... is scrolling down a web page so much hard work?
Bit like motorists not indicating their intentions by not lifting a finger a couple of inches to the indicator switch. Lazy.
And there we have it!

I'm finding less and less threads that I'm interested in at the moment - ones that don't just go around and around in one big bunfight - usually from a political point of view ... with almost identical messages (arguments) being posted by the same posters every few pages!

At the moment there seems to be a competition to find the stupidest best this or that which has made it even more difficult to find the needle in the haystack!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Another functionality I wanted from the plugin was "user notes". You could click on the username of a person and have a text box appear, this way you could put permanent notes on a person for future reference.

Make sure it disables the swear filter :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t this site just end up with my astute and balanced political observations and jokes though?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Jeez... is scrolling down a web page so much hard work?
Bit like motorists not indicating their intentions by not lifting a finger a couple of inches to the indicator switch. Lazy.
This attitude really p*sses me off. Those who want this facility probably want it for good reason, a reason that you have eff all idea of. Yet you choose to put a label on people you know nothing about. Have some respect, or STFU.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
This attitude really p*sses me off. Those who want this facility probably want it for good reason, a reason that you have eff all idea of. Yet you choose to put a label on people you know nothing about. Have some respect, or STFU.
I'm sorry, but I haven't a clue what you're on about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Crikey. As has been pointed out, there is an Albion only section if non-Albion threads make you so angry….which they clearly do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports