Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you want to go to Marseille away?

Would you want to go to Marseille away?

• Yes, yes!

Votes: 208 69.6%
  • No chance.

Votes: 91 30.4%

• Total voters

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'd love to go to Marseille and imagine I'd have the loyalty points too.

The problem is, they're in Pot 2, and there are some much better weekends away we could get instead.

Give me Rennes, Betis, Slavia Prague or PSV ahead of Marseille.
Slavia would be perfect for me personally. Aside geographically convenient, getting tickets for the home end shouldn't be too much of an issue at the Eden for those that have zilch chance under the loyalty points scheme - ie me.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Slavia would be perfect for me personally. Aside geographically convenient, getting tickets for the home end shouldn't be too much of an issue at the Eden for those that have zilch chance under the loyalty points scheme - ie me.
Never been to Prague, heard it's gorgeous. Got loads of annual leave to take. Good on loyalty points.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Went to the Stade Velodrome to watch Marseille v Brest the arse end of 2021. Great stadium. If we do end up playing them in the Europa League the travelling Brighton fans should brace themselves for regular, minor explosions. Their lively fans love their fireworks and bangers. Some atmosphere.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely toxic city.

If I went, I definitely wouldn't wear colours. Or acknowledge any of you. *practises gallic shrug*

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we do end up playing them in the Europa League the travelling Brighton fans should brace themselves for regular, minor explosions. Their lively fans love their fireworks and bangers. Some atmosphere.

Good point. Those that lose the plot at Palace coming to town would probably be best off avoiding this lot as well

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Absolutely toxic city.

If I went, I definitely wouldn't wear colours. Or acknowledge any of you. *practises gallic shrug*
Marseille has a certain reputation. Partly driven by the mostly Paris led media in France. Like a lot of big cities the majority of Marseille's problems and criminality are found in the suburbs. That's not me having a dig at those who live in the Marseille suburbs. The French state have had a lot to answer for over several decades. Not just in Marseille.

The centre of the city is pretty safe. A decent metro link to the Velodrome too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never been to Prague, heard it's gorgeous. Got loads of annual leave to take. Good on loyalty points.
It was...

...Till we got there.

After The 'Dam, Prague is probably my most visited European city, over a 20 year period.
I've not been back for a while, but when last there 'we' (The English, EasyJet and Ryan Air) had turned it into Blackpool.
Not even 'Blackpool on...'.

We turned Prague into Blackpool.

Good job everybody!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Absolutely toxic city.

I tried that at the World Cup in 98. Wore a nice polo shirt, chinos and smart shoes. Don’t want to get mistaken for an England fan I thought. Except they seemed to think I was French and/or a tout and kept coming up and asking me ‘Avez vous les billets?’!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I once found myself on a small fishing boat, that docked in Marseille.
I was let off with nothing but a chunky jumper and Swiss bank account number...

...the rest of my time in Europe, well the pieces I can remember, was pretty uneventful.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I once found myself on a small fishing boat, that docked in Marseille.
I was let off with nothing but a chunky jumper and Swiss bank account number...

...the rest of my time in Europe, well the pieces I can remember, was pretty uneventful.
Did your wife stay behind in Panama, by any chance?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did your wife stay behind in Panama, by any chance?
No but I do remember chatting with the fella from Dead Man's Shoes, but he left with a headache.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My Ex-wife is from and lives in Marseille as do my ex-in-laws. Definitly would not bee on my visit list if we did get drawn there.

Been there a few times, would love to go again to watch BHA.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Also went to Marseilles in 98, England v Tunisia, very lively weekend. Went to the fans zone on the Sunday which was a couple miles outside the Old port area and on the way back, full riot going on. We stopped short of going back into the port and had a few large beers outside a bar, then the riot kept getting closer & closer until the owner let us in the bar and put the shutters up. All that night we were running round the old town trying to dodge the local Africans. Trouble before the game on they way to the ground on the Monday but not on the scale of the day before.

Would definitely go back to watch Brighton, but any sign of groups drinking in bars/ flags colours etc will 100% attract trouble. I would imaging this will be a regular occurrence on our journey through Europe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here