Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you want to go to Marseille away?

Would you want to go to Marseille away?

• Yes, yes!

Votes: 208 69.6%
  • No chance.

Votes: 91 30.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some would love a visit whilst others, many of whom have been there before, wouldn't return.

If we drew Marseille away in the Europa League, would you want to go?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I'm being outrageously naive, but I just don't think we're going to get that aspect of European football.

I'd be amazed if we started 'a luzzing' or charged them as something luzzed landing 10 yards short.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I was thinking about this earlier. This is the advice Spurs fans were given when they played away there last season:

I've not been before with England, I think I'd go. I'm sure trouble can be avoided if you take the right precautions

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I know I'm being outrageously naive, but I just don't think we're going to get that aspect of European football.

I'd be amazed if we started 'a luzzing' or charged them as something luzzed landing 10 yards short.
'We' won't need to start anything.... their loons will hunt out any location hosting Brighton fans,.. it's a very very feisty city, even when football isn't involved.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I was thinking about this earlier. This is the advice Spurs fans were given when they played away there last season:

I've not been before with England, I think I'd go. I'm sure trouble can be avoided if you take the right precautions
Screenshot_20230816-120744~2.png

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yep Marseilles is an utterly brilliant city.

Also where my great-grandfather was stationed as a stevedore during the winter of 1916/17 in between delightful summers at The Somme and then Vimy Ridge.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It's one of the bigger stadiums so chances of getting a ticket would be better for those of us not in the top tier, especially if there were people reluctant to travel to such a potential hot spot.

On balance I would go, but would try to stay in somewhere more chilled out like Avignon or Aix beforehand

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
My sister and her husband have a boat moored in the marina, so yes, a trip to Marseille would be great for me. Whether I'd be able to get a ticket is another question.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
No, I wanted Panathinaikos, as I have friends who live nearby.
Same here ... the owner of a hotel we go to is a Panathinaikos fan and was at the home game against Marseille. He was actually hoping they'd end up in the Europa League rather than getting beaten heavily in the Champions League every/most games.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
A friend of mine won a competition on a coke bottle for 4 tickets for Q/F of Euro 16 Poland vs Portugal at Marseille. Went for a couple of days & had great time, super stadium.

Might be a bit different playing Marseille though.

Flights to Marseille were silly money so we flew to Nice and then pleasant 90 minute train journey to Marseille.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here