[Albion] Would you want to go to Marseille away?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you want to go to Marseille away?

• Yes, yes!

Votes: 208 69.6%
  • No chance.

Votes: 91 30.4%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to there during the French world cup, if I remember correctly it was a week or so after the England fans rioted. I saw Holland versus South Korea I think. It's a truly lovely city, had a great time and I'd jump at the chance of going to see Brighton there. We'd also get a decent allocation given the stadium holds 65000.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I went to there during the French world cup, if I remember correctly it was a week or so after the England fans rioted. I saw Holland versus South Korea I think. It's a truly lovely city, had a great time and I'd jump at the chance of going to see Brighton there. We'd also get a decent allocation given the stadium holds 65000.
And great bouillabaisse too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And great bouillabaisse too.
True.

I can just see this now, sitting on a warm terrace with the med making gentle washing noises below me, manbag casually drapped over the back of my chair, chilled white wine and superb food. Might even treat myself to a cheeky Gauloises after as I think about making my way to the stadium.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Went in World Cup 98 to england v Tunisia ,never ever never never did I mention never again
As did I. Somewhat ‘lively’ to say the least.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Some would love a visit whilst others, many of whom have been there before, wouldn't return.

If we drew Marseille away in the Europa League, would you want to go?

I’ve been to Marseille twice with England, the first time was the infamous 1998 game against Tunisia when the local North Africans were in full-on riot mode and the second time in 2016 when the Russian hooligans rampaged through the city. When given the chance, on a day trip this summer, to explore the city rather than concentrating on not getting killed, it turned out to be a brilliant experience. I’d definitely go back if Albion draw them, you just need to keep your wits about you and avoid places like the bars in Vieux Port.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'd love to go to Marseille and imagine I'd have the loyalty points too.

The problem is, they're in Pot 2, and there are some much better weekends away we could get instead.

Give me Rennes, Betis, Slavia Prague or PSV ahead of Marseille.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lovely place for a holiday Been there three times. Not sure I would want to go for a footy match though

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know I'm being outrageously naive, but I just don't think we're going to get that aspect of European football.

I'd be amazed if we started 'a luzzing' or charged them as something luzzed landing 10 yards short.
Naive, we’re English.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My sister and her husband have a boat moored in the marina, so yes, a trip to Marseille would be great for me.
I haven't trawled through the Burnley message boards but when they qualified for Europa League I'm guessing there weren't too many comments like this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Went with England, I’d expect any English team would attract hostilities and that’s just from the police. Any excuse for them to get this out again

Attachments

• IMG_6990.jpeg
    IMG_6990.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports