Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst away end you have been in watching footy.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Northampton county ground, before sixfields

Little pen off to the right of the main away stand behind the goal.

Millwall cold blow lane. JCLs and new fans have never had the pleasure of standing in a stand full of homicidal maniacs pretending to be brighton fans battering anyone who happened to start a chant - same as the old Upton Park and Stamford bridge!…and Pompey back in the 70’s.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Notts County in the 70's. Still remember standing on a lump of coal.
Stamford Bridge was equally wet, cold and open air back then.
Tell the truth the grounds in the 70's were slums. No wonder there was so much trouble. Treat the fans like animals they behave like animals.
Premier League Super Stadiums.
Old Trafford shows how, by making the seats small, you can cram in more money.
Villa Park. Just a grade two listed dump.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
QPR by a mile. Both top and bottom tier have terrible views.

Not sure I agree with that. QPR has some decent views in the bottom tier. This pic is moments before Poco's free kick and not a bad view!

qpr1.jpg

Surprised no one has mentioned Newcastle yet.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I enjoyed Newcastle… it’s very high up but not a problem with the view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Following the best away stadium I thought we'd have a thread on those grounds that should be condemned and bulldozed.

Worst without doubt is Luton Town IMO. Tight seats, poor view, fans looking for fights and the food very poor. If they got into the Premier League, surely Kenilworth Road would be refused for being a heap of shite? :shrug:

Luton are in the process of getting a new ground.

Going to be a 23,000 capacity ( or maybe a 17,500 capacity) new build,funded by a retail\business development near the M1.
Final planning has been granted, and there's a completion date of 2024.

It will probably be built before the new stand at the Stad de Clad.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oldham - freezing cold and we always lost.

Roker Park - game in the late 80s or early 90s. Uncovered terrace in a corner with a storm coming in off the North Sea. No shelter anywhere. So wet I couldn't even light a cigarette. And we lost to an offside goal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
QPR by a mile. Both top and bottom tier have terrible views.

This. Shocking place to watch football.

There are lots of old grounds that I'm glad to see the back of - Bolton and its supermarket, Wallsall's old ground, positivelt Arctic and Brentford.

Surprised to see Northampton's old ground mentioned - I thought it was rather quirky. Quite an experience watching football there

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
Got to be Smellhurst, with the shitty view along the side, pillars in the way, cramped seating, and a crowded concourse. Dont get me started on the toilets. The surrounding area is a complete sh*thole as well. Only saving grace being that we keep spoiling their party "Why did you let it bounce?" :dunky: :albion2:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Peterborough Cup Match 1984, we drew, it was freezing!
We won the replay.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Northampton county ground, before sixfields

Little pen off to the right of the main away stand behind the goal.

Millwall cold blow lane. JCLs and new fans have never had the pleasure of standing in a stand full of homicidal maniacs pretending to be brighton fans battering anyone who happened to start a chant - same as the old Upton Park and Stamford bridge!…and Pompey back in the 70’s.

I remember the old Northampton ground.. basically one stand for the home fans and the away fans on an exposed bit of terracing and an open space to the cricket ground. Still the only game I remember there was our 2-1 cup victory with Nelson and Bremner scoring our goals.

I’ll raise you the Dell. The away section was just an afterthought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here