Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst away end you have been in watching footy.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Den - Most intimidating.
The County Ground Northampton - Stuck away with fence obscuring a lot of the pitch
Sudbury Town/Canvey Island - Not living up to the glamour of the FA Cup

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Burnden Park (the old Bolton ground).

How they got away with charging away fans the same price as everyone else was beyond me. A supermarket took up half the away end and blocked your view to that right hand corner.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Both gone now but either Northampton County Ground or Layer road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

How they got away with charging away fans the same price as everyone else was beyond me. A supermarket took up half the away end and blocked your view to that right hand corner.

Yes recall use losing there in FA Cup (early 90's), pretty horrible

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
It's hard to think of a worse away end than the one for the last few seasons at Withdean... It ticked almost every box to be included in the shit list. No cover, miles away, no bar, poor atmosphere. The only thing it lacked for a full house was some kind of view obstruction.

Luton always gets grief but I quite like it. The ground is shoehorned into housing which is the way it should be. Good acoustics and close to the home fans who were usually pretty hostile. Used to love Luton as an awayday - we had a good unhealthy rivalry with them for a good few years in the late noughties.

The one for me that stands out is Yeovil. Went in about 2009 if memory serves. I might be being harsh as when I went I was on a roll through from the night before and it was freezing. Couldn't get a drink for love nor money near or in the ground. We were absolute pony that season as well.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

:lolol: Remember it well! Ridiculous!

burnden-away-end.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Goodie on and Selhurst both ****ing awful. Especially for premier league grounds.

Loftus Road is dangerously tight. However kenilworth Road is probably the worst.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Surely Gillingham, even our home games were away.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Northampton late 80s the old cricket ground place. And palace now in that shitty wooden hoval. Aldershot wasn't great either, but good atmosphere under the roof.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Mansfield before redevelopment. During one of Jeff Woods glorious games in charge we were down one side alongside a small stand, you genuinely couldn't see 3/4 of the pitch and I don't mean you had to squint through a letterbox like at Everton, you just couldn't see it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
QPR by a mile. Both top and bottom tier have terrible views.

Sealand Road, Chester City, back in the day. On my one and (thank goodness) only visit there back in the late 1980's, when asking a steward where the Gents was, he replied just go and pee up against the wall at the back of the stand mate. :eek:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Another one for the old den, although loved away areas like Orient, crap toilets, open to the elements but just pure football experience (of the day!)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As per the other thread: Hereford - a terrible shallow away terrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here