Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: SEMI FINAL TWO***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Grimble

The smear campaign has worked well against the Honey Badger. Been a disappointing turn out. Can only assume many are disillusioned after last years corruption. Can't help but feel the competition has been de-valued a bit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just past the half way stage of this epic encounter and it's the croc who's done all the front running so far. I'm expecting a surge of support for the Honey Badger in the later stages of the contest but will it be enough. The photo of the croc taking on an elephant is a real vote winner as that's the one area where the croc might have been vulnerable-taking on something bigger than itself.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Pound for pound there can only be one winner here - the magnificent Honey Badger all the way.. The Saltie's a flat track bully who has to hide up in order to catch prey which mainly consists of members of the horse or cow family (you know, real scary!!!) and who steers well clear of elephants, lions etc because we all know what the outcome would be there!!!

Pound for pound there can only be one winner here - the magnificent Honey Badger all the way.. The Saltie's a flat track bully who has to hide up in order to catch prey which mainly consists of members of the horse or cow family (you know, real scary!!!) and who steers well clear of elephants, lions etc because we all know what the outcome would be there!!!

I refer the gentleman to the picture earlier in the thread of a Crocodile not steering well clear of an Elephant.

elephant-vs-alligator-fight2_28158_600x450.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

ps Saltie's aren't that keep on Hippos either - I'm amazed they've got this far in the competition actually..

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I refer the gentleman to the picture earlier in the thread of a Crocodile not steering well clear of an Elephant.

View attachment 62684

Don't be misled by your clear bias. This is a picture of an elephant indulging in the little known pursuit of "Fishing for Crocs" whereby he/she dangles his trunk provocately over the water, catches an unsuspecting croc, swings it round and smashes it on the rocks thus clearing the way to permit the youngster to have a good drink without fear of a croc attack on a baby.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm wondering if London Zoo has Honey Badgers & SW Crocs? Instead of NSC paying the club over £1k in sponsorship, why not use that money much more productively as a bung for a zoo keeper to stage a fight (he'd have to use a juvenile Croc to make it fair), film the results and post it on this thread? If not, we could just nick the animals, all pitch up at Preston park and then watch them battle (the velodrome seems like a good arena and hidden enough to avoid unwanted attention). Thoughts?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
ps Saltie's aren't that keep on Hippos either - I'm amazed they've got this far in the competition actually..

How do you know? A saltwater croc has never met a hippo in the wild. They don't share a habitat. Neither do they share a habitat with African elephants or lions.

All of those pics/videos are of inferior and less hard African crococile species. None of which were entered into the competition.

Saltwater crocs come from coastal areas of South-East Asia and northern Australia.

Anyhow, WHC has never been about the truth has it? Otherwise the Honey Badger would go out in the group stages every year.

So. Carry on.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

View attachment 62684

OK the size difference is significant, but how is the 'big mean elephant' going to actually hurt the crocodile? Is it really going to 'stamp' on it? Plow a tusk into it's back? Do you think there's a chance that the croc knew this animal wasn't a 'threat' and chanced its arm?

If a honey badger took on a cow, which is far bigger than itself, I wouldn't necessarily call it hard. What is the cow going to do, moo and run away? Taking on a pack of lions however... that's crazy. If a croc did that the HB haters would be all over it, despite the size/weaponry of a croc vs a lion being comparable.

The croc vs Elephant scenario is the equivalent of Mike Tyson (the croc) taking on an obese guy much bigger than himself and ultimately failing.
The HB vs Lion scenario is like Timmy Mallet (HB) taking on 6 Mike Tysons...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which of the above scenarios is 'harder'. What's more impressive in your eyes?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
OK the size difference is significant, but how is the 'big mean elephant' going to actually hurt the crocodile? Is it really going to 'stamp' on it? Plow a tusk into it's back? Do you think there's a chance that the croc knew this animal wasn't a 'threat' and chanced its arm?

If a honey badger took on a cow, which is far bigger than itself, I wouldn't necessarily call it hard. What is the cow going to do, moo and run away? Taking on a pack of lions however... that's crazy. If a croc did that the HB haters would be all over it, despite the size/weaponry of a croc vs a lion being comparable.

The croc vs Elephant scenario is the equivalent of Mike Tyson (the croc) taking on an obese guy much bigger than himself and ultimately failing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which of the above scenarios is 'harder'. What's more impressive in your eyes?

As has been clearly pointed out, that is NOT a Saltie. Salties are much HARDER and much NASTIER than the cuddly African crocs.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
As has been clearly pointed out, that is NOT a Saltie. Salties are much HARDER and much NASTIER than the cuddly African crocs.

Well you might want to point that out to [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] who seems to be championing a completely different species!

Aug 23, 2011

So you're saying the HB is like timmy mallet? doesn't sound hard to me, i feel i could take him on and i'm not hard at all.

Well you might want to point that out to [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] who seems to be championing a completely different species!

Fair point.

The Salty is doubly hard then, goodness me, if a Salty met an Elephant it would probably tear it limb from limb.

*shudder*

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What a great fight, Team Honey Badger should be proud, taking a beating from team Croc, Unfortunately I think its the Honey Badgers own supporters who have lost them this round from how they conducted themselves in previous rounds, no matter how well they have fought against the Croc.

It would be one hell of a turn around I hope any drifters who have not yet voted, vote Honey Badger.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Could/should easily have been the Final itself. France v West Germany in '82, England v Germany in '90.

Badger - always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

But it's the year of the Croc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So with all this confusion over crocodile species, what does the salt water crocodile do that's hard? Eat fish? I even read they eat fruit! Croc is getting through on the anti-HB ticket, evolutionary survival and little else...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here